Corsair Community

Overcurrent ports Corsair Link Hub

Tirkam
Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello,

Since I bought the LCD screen for the icue link 150i, this message appears, sometimes on port 1, sometimes on port 2 and sometimes on both at the same time.

I have 9 fans (including liquid cooling fans) connected to the Hub.

I have the 6 independent fans connected to port 1 and the liquid and the 3 of the liquid cooling to port 2 (to which we must add the Pump and LCD)

Since I can no longer see the diagram like in previous versions of the hub, I don't know what is overloading it.

Any ideas?

Thank you

image.png

9 hours ago, Tirkam said:

Hello,

Since I bought the LCD screen for the icue link 150i, this message appears, sometimes on port 1, sometimes on port 2 and sometimes on both at the same time.

I have 9 fans (including liquid cooling fans) connected to the Hub.

I have the 6 independent fans connected to port 1 and the liquid and the 3 of the liquid cooling to port 2 (to which we must add the Pump and LCD)

Since I can no longer see the diagram like in previous versions of the hub, I don't know what is overloading it.

Any ideas?

Thank you

image.png

Hello, connect only 5 fans together with the pump. You will not get this error, I think.

I have an 18qx and a pump. 6 fans and pump always gives the error.

6 hours ago, DarkCrazy said:

Hello, connect only 5 fans together with the pump. You will not get this error, I think.

I have an 18qx and a pump. 6 fans and pump always gives the error.

i have the six fans alone and the other three fans with the pump and LCD

• Solution

This is an active issue affecting some users. Unfortunately there isn’t a user side solution right now. 

Since this was introduced with a specific version of the software and does not affect all users, you can roll the dice and do a clean install of CUE to see if your luck turns. As mentioned above 6 fans + AIO generates a real error (AIO=2 devices and LCD=3). However, I suspect the problem is with the lcd which increasing the side count to 7 and this is falsely (or correctly) triggering the warning. We don’t have any solid data on the “number” to use for counting the lcd screen. If you’re up for it, try dropping the last fan from that side. Yes, that will requiring unbolting the entire 3 fans and unhooking the last one in the chain. I don’t see that as a real solution to the problem, but it may help identify if the issue is the software error above (to be corrected) or its physical and its not going to be corrected. Now that I’ve written this, an easier test may be to remove the CUE link cable going from AIO to all 3 fans. Boot up and see if it will bypass the OC warning state. 

10 hours ago, c-attack said:

This is an active issue affecting some users. Unfortunately there isn’t a user side solution right now. 

Since this was introduced with a specific version of the software and does not affect all users, you can roll the dice and do a clean install of CUE to see if your luck turns. As mentioned above 6 fans + AIO generates a real error (AIO=2 devices and LCD=3). However, I suspect the problem is with the lcd which increasing the side count to 7 and this is falsely (or correctly) triggering the warning. We don’t have any solid data on the “number” to use for counting the lcd screen. If you’re up for it, try dropping the last fan from that side. Yes, that will requiring unbolting the entire 3 fans and unhooking the last one in the chain. I don’t see that as a real solution to the problem, but it may help identify if the issue is the software error above (to be corrected) or its physical and its not going to be corrected. Now that I’ve written this, an easier test may be to remove the CUE link cable going from AIO to all 3 fans. Boot up and see if it will bypass the OC warning state. 

Correct, I have removed all the fans from the failing port and it still gives me the problem. In the previous update, both ports were marked as overloaded, now only one.

We just have to wait for them to fix it...

Thank you.