Corsair Community

When i start my pc my fans and pump flashing red

Popup
Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello, I bought a corsair lcd upgrade kit 2 days ago and installed it. After installing it, when I turned on my computer, I encountered the CPU_Fan error and the fans in the computer case were running at 100 and blinking red. I reassembled my old corsair kit and saw that the same problem still persisted, but I updated everything on my computer. I still have the same problem. I thought it was from Commander Core because I cannot control the pump and fans. Does it make sense to buy a new Commander Core? Will it solve my problem?

NOTE : I plugged that thin pump cable in the photo there thinking it might work. It's usually attached to the CPU-Fan port at the top.

C454C1D7-685E-443D-B595-1A4681EA7E4A.jpeg

• Solution

No, it’s not likely a new Commander Core will help. The “false cpu fan error” (assuming you’re not actually overheating) is related to the pump itself. The AIO still functions running in hardware mode but the error prevents you from controlling anything. This is an unrecoverable problem and you’ll need to contact Corsair Support for a replacement. 

This problem has been around since the Elite Capellix was introduced and I don’t think we’ve ever really narrowed down the origin. Best guess is it’s related to the tach sensor in the pump. It fails in some way and then starts sending the false signal to the software. 

This should be covered under the warranty terms. Contact Corsair through the support ticket system to start the process.