Corsair Community

Testing the Corsair iCUE LINK H100i 

88s
Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hi guys!

Possibly a daft question, but is it possible to test the LINK H100i with only a PSU? Essentially I'm piecing together a new build over the space of a few months, starting with the components that are more forgiving with the passing of time (PSU, coolers etc).

I've got a Corsair HX1000i PSU and I know this works as I've done a jumper test on the pins and I'm seeing it power up momentarily with the fan spinning, however when hooking up the H100i rad via a PCIe cable I'm not seeing any activity at all. Should the H100i do anything in this configuration i.e. light up? Note that there's no motherboard in play here, so no CPU fan header ect to plumb into. I wanted to test this part before the returns window closes, just in case it's faulty and I find out later on down the line of the build.....

Thanks!

• Solution

The typical 24 pin jumper disables the pci-e power lines, just like the gpu. Unfortunately this is not the same behavior as SATA or molex that do receive power with the jumper. 

The easiest solution may be to connect the CUE Link hub and AIO to a spare pci-e in an existing PC. All you need to do is run the PSU line out the front. No need for the tach cable.  You’ll feel pump vibrations if it’s running. 

On 11/23/2023 at 1:00 PM, c-attack said:

The typical 24 pin jumper disables the pci-e power lines, just like the gpu. Unfortunately this is not the same behavior as SATA or molex that do receive power with the jumper. 

The easiest solution may be to connect the CUE Link hub and AIO to a spare pci-e in an existing PC. All you need to do is run the PSU line out the front. No need for the tach cable.  You’ll feel pump vibrations if it’s running. 

Happy to report that plumbing in to my current PC's PSU has done the trick; seeing spinning fans, lights and a pump whirring away :) Again, really appreciate the response @c-attack, case closed (literally and figuratively).