Corsair Community

CPU cooler not working - Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello.

I have a problem with a Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm Processor Liquid Cooler.

It was installed on my previous PC (that I didn't build) and working fine (I believe). I installed it on my new PC and now the fans are working but the CPU cooler is not. The lights are off and my CPU reaches 90°-100° so I can not use it more than a few minutes for the risk of burning it (now I am typing from my phone), so I can not run a lot of tests or experiments before the computer turns off or crashes.

I am not an expert on hardware, not at all, but in this situation I am forced to build up my new computer. I would prefer to take it to a technician, but I had a very bad experience with the last one, a useless guy who I think ruined my previous PC. Please, asume that I don't understand basic technical concepts and I may not be the smartest person in the world.

I have been googleing for advice on this issue and everything I find is "check that the cables are connected correctly". Well, I already checked that a few times. One to the CPU_FAN port on the top, one to the F_USB1 / F_USB2 port at the bottom. And now what?

I installed icue too, but that didn't do nothing.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, the exact same model that I had before.

Any advice is welcome. If I can't find a solution I will take the risk of going to another technician.

Thank you

Edited by Ricardo73

• Solution

The H100i Pro XT is powered from its SATA connection.  That's the only one you need to worry about for the moment.  The tachometer cable to the motherboard and USB connection have other purposes, but neither can stop the pump from running and the unit should be fully functional even if you never connect them.  Concerning is the fans are running, which means you have unit power if using the XT's fan controller.  If the pump is not running in that state, then something has gone wrong with the pump and that is not going to be a user solvable issue.

If the above is true, contact Corsair Support as means toward replacement.  The AIO has a 5 year warranty, although if it came as part of a builder package, you might not have the receipt for it and this could be a bit tricky.  

Thank you very much.

I bought it as part of a builded computer 2 years ago. I am not sure if I want to waste time trying to convince Corsair to send me a replacement...

I am looking into buying a new and cheaper cooler, around £40. I saw some ones with decent reviews.

Thanks anyway.