Corsair Community

Icue link hub + link H170i RGB + QX profil problem

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I have a problem with RGB effect when QX are pluged on a link hub at same time with Link H170i, some effect like ARC and some more. but it work on QX alone on another link hub.

I think the problem come with the link H170i who cant run all effect but when on same link hub i cant setup my QX separate from link H170i when on same hub.

In my case i have 16 QX and a link H170i on 2 link hub. 1 hub for the 8 QX (2x4) and the 2nd for 8 QX and the link H170i in pushpull (one lane for 2QX at the rear and the AIO in pushpull in second lane.

sorry for my english

• Solution

Unfortunately this appears to be the intended design.  While you can connect various different devices to the CUE Link hub, they are not identical in terms of LED geometry or capability.  Rather than provide separate controls for each device based on capability, CUE uses the least capable device as the core unit and all other devices will only show that devices effects.  In your situation, the AIO LEDs are the least capable and those become the universal presets for devices on that hub.

The only possible workaround is to use a second hub for the QX or other more complex devices and leave the lower tier AIO on its own.  I have not seen the new Hydro X Elite CPU/XD5 effects list, so I am not sure where those will fit in.  With 20 LEDs they could have a wide range of special effects or lose them.  I need someone to post what they see for both those devices.