Corsair Community

Will one iCUE Link System hub be enough for all of this?

JamesJB

Hope this is the right place to post this....

Planning to do a little upgrading  to my current system;

Current System

To

Updated System

Will One iCUE Link System Hub be enough for all of this?;

AIO

Fans 2 pack

Fans 2 Pack

Going to Replace the fans and Hub that come with this;

New Case

Will all the cables and stuff that come with the HUB and the fan kits reach one another fine?

Really wish Corsair had cases that came with iCUE Link Fans and system hub that would of been awesome  🙂

I also wish they had iCUE Link compatible RGB Strips  🙂

Edited by JamesJB

Each CUE Link hub is supposed to be capable of 14 “devices” in total, 7 on each side port. If I’m reading your intent correctly, that 7 QX and the AIO pump itself. You likely end up running the case fans on one side of the hub and the AIO + 3 on the other. 

The biggest issue most users are encountering early on is the CUE Kink cable to connect various banks of fans to controllers and each other. Take a look at the accessories page and see what you need. Any jump from one panel to another will require a cable and probably a 90 deg one at that. The connectors are large. 

6 hours ago, c-attack said:

Each CUE Link hub is supposed to be capable of 14 “devices” in total, 7 on each side port. If I’m reading your intent correctly, that 7 QX and the AIO pump itself. You likely end up running the case fans on one side of the hub and the AIO + 3 on the other. 

The biggest issue most users are encountering early on is the CUE Kink cable to connect various banks of fans to controllers and each other. Take a look at the accessories page and see what you need. Any jump from one panel to another will require a cable and probably a 90 deg one at that. The connectors are large. 

So will I need more cables/connectors than what is provided with the 2 fan kits and AIO?  Just curious

One other thing I hear there will be a Upgrade/add-on to the AIO where ya can get a display for it,still true?

Edited by JamesJB

LCD top for the AIO is coming.  None of us ever know the date until it drops on the stores, but it is expected this month.  

The "starter packs" that come with a Hub will have one 600mm straight cable.  That's hub to one fan set.  The AIO should have another and a 135mm right angle cable.  That might be enough depending on your case layout, but it is always something of a question.  The straight plug is long so making connections can be hard in tight corners.  The 90 deg cable is short and won't get you far if you need to use it.  Map out how the fans will be arranged and then you'll need a cable to bridge any jump between hub <-> fan <-> AIO.  

Edited by c-attack

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

LCD top for the AIO is coming.  None of us ever know the date until it drops on the stores, but it is expected this month.  

The "starter packs" that come with a Hub will have one 600mm straight cable.  That's hub to one fan set.  The AIO should have another and a 135mm right angle cable.  That might be enough depending on your case layout, but it is always something of a question.  The straight plug is long so making connections can be hard in tight corners.  The 90 deg cable is short and won't get you far if you need to use it.  Map out how the fans will be arranged and then you'll need a cable to bridge any jump between hub <-> fan <-> AIO.  

The case ill be getting is the CORSAIR iCUE 7000X RGB

This  here is my planed builds;

Upgrade To Current System

Brand New Gaming System

Hmm could you maybe recommend what additional cables,etc I'll need before I add the AIO and the 2 Fan Kits to Cart?

Gonna try to buy everything Directly from Corsair.

On that Case the fans will be 3 in front 1 in back and the AIO fans and Radiator will be at the top.

Edited by JamesJB