Corsair Community

I plugged in my h60x and it still doesn’t work?

The 3 pin connector is the tachometer.  It sends a RPM (pump is working) to the motherboard to satisfy the BIOS CPU fan protection system.  It goes on CPU Fan if you want that, but it is not required to be connected at all for functionality.  

On the H60X RGB Elite the actual pump/fan power comes from the other wire that has the 2->1 unique splitter.  There should be a standard PWM 4 pin connector on the end to connect to another motherboard header.  That's the one that needs to be set to 100%/Maximum/Full Speed or whatever language your BIOS uses.  I can see it disappearing into the back, but don't know where it goes from there.  

On 10/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, c-attack said:

The 3 pin connector is the tachometer.  It sends a RPM (pump is working) to the motherboard to satisfy the BIOS CPU fan protection system.  It goes on CPU Fan if you want that, but it is not required to be connected at all for functionality.  

On the H60X RGB Elite the actual pump/fan power comes from the other wire that has the 2->1 unique splitter.  There should be a standard PWM 4 pin connector on the end to connect to another motherboard header.  That's the one that needs to be set to 100%/Maximum/Full Speed or whatever language your BIOS uses.  I can see it disappearing into the back, but don't know where it goes from there.  

do you know where I should plug it into?

There was a a RGB connector, also with 4 pins/holes, but a very different type of connector. The quick start guide is a bit vague, but it looks like that is on the left side. 

Is there another 2 way fan cable meant to connect both the radiator fan and pump power?

I think the quick start guide has some misleading information.  Looking around at whatever pictures I can find, there are just the two wires -- RGB and 3 pin tach/power.  So if you connect the 3 pin cable to any MB header set to PWM/Full Speed/100%/Maximum, etc. and it does not work, then it is defective and needs to go back or contact Corsair Support for a replacement.  

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

There was a a RGB connector, also with 4 pins/holes, but a very different type of connector. The quick start guide is a bit vague, but it looks like that is on the left side. 

Is there another 2 way fan cable meant to connect both the radiator fan and pump power?

Yeah as you can see I have the three pin inside the cpu fan 2 and set on the bios it to be max and pwm. Do you think it’s defective because I think the rgb wire does not matter and only the 3 pin one matters right?

I’m only trying to get the pump working so that all I needed right?

Edited by Navid

RGB is separate and gets its power from the RGB header. So if the 3 pin is plugged in, getting 12v (PWM or max) , the pump should be running. 

Yeah, no matter what any manufacturer says about being "silent", all mechanical devices should have perceptible vibrations.  It's spinning at 2000-3000 rpm.  You should feel it when you put your fingers on the block.  

CPU temp is the other obvious give away.  If the pump can't push the current water out of the CPU block, it starts to super heat at a fairly quick rate.  If it's a cold boot you can make it to the BIOS and see the CPU temp skipping upwards by 5C every 2 second polling interval.  Once this happens, then you have to wait hours for the liquid in the block to naturally cool down before you can try and boot again.