Corsair Community

iCue LS100 Light Strips Broken - 2.5 bars randomly freeze

MykeyDay
Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I have the Corsair One Pro with various Corsair accessories (k100 keyboard, virtuoso headset with stand, dark core mouse, light bars, nexus...)

Recently the LS100 kit light bars freeze for no reason from halfway through the second bar to the end.  The first 1 and a half bars continue to work as normal.  Even turning off the computer they get stuck.

I have tried: Uninstall / reinstall icue (including all program files as per corsair inctructions), SDC checks, plugging directly into different ports, and even bought ANOTHER LS100 and used the controller from that and the issue persists. All firmware and software up to date, including forced firmware updates on all devices.

Only fix is to manually unplug BOTH power and data cable (doing just one and the issue persists). Rebooting computer doesnt even fix it.

Short of replacing the bars as well to make sure its not a hardware issue, im 99% sure it is a software issue.  Does anyone know if there are any other software fixes I can apply before I launch a ticket with Corsair??

Have attached pictures which arent great, but show what the bars look like when frozen, in one pic they should be all dark, and in the other they should all be cyberpunk yellow...

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5985.jpeg

• Solution

The LS100 bars are a series circuit, so if there is a problem on a led in the middle of a specific bar, the lights stop there. Sometimes with partial break you get strobing or flickering, but it’s the same general issue. 

What reason is there to suspect the software side?  Does the bar work normally if you quit CUE and drop into HW Lighting Mode?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 4:32 PM, c-attack said:

The LS100 bars are a series circuit, so if there is a problem on a led in the middle of a specific bar, the lights stop there. Sometimes with partial break you get strobing or flickering, but it’s the same general issue. 

What reason is there to suspect the software side?  Does the bar work normally if you quit CUE and drop into HW Lighting Mode?

Yes this explains it.  Restarting iCue software resumed normal behaviour, as did restarting computer. After seeing this I went ahead and completely replaced the strips and the issue has gone so I was completely wrong and it was a hardware issue.

Strange for a hardware issue to rectified by an icue or computer restart, but your explanation definitely explains why the top bar always stopped on the same place.