Corsair Community

Scaling bugged Corsair XENEON FLEX 45WQHD240

This is with latest nvidia drivers on a 4090 and 7800X3D and latest firmware on the corsair flex monitor.

HDMI doesn't properly scale games in full screen, it is letterboxed all around. It can do borderless window full screen just fine.

Displayport stutters and has brightness fluctuations along with horizontal line artifacts in borderless window. It can do full screen just fine.

Long story short I have to switch cables depending on the game. Diablo IV requires hdmi because it stutters in displayport do to only running in a window and full screen is not an option. All games that run full screen have to use displayport to work properly. 

A firmware update is in order to fix these bugs.

Edited by Ultra5711

Are using the latest XENEON FLEX Firmware V105? it is located in the monitor's driver page. 

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited)

Updated to V110 and still have the issue. It's also happening in Helldivers 2. In Planetside 2 I can switch inputs and when it comes back to the hdmi that the monitor is connected on it shows normal, the initial handshake seems to be the problem.

Edited by Ultra5711

Posted (edited)

The initial handshake when switching a game to fullscreen seems to be the problem, games display are fullscreen and letterboxed and the monitor reports the resolution at 3840x2160 with a refresh of 120hz instead of the set resolution of 3440x1440 at 240hz.

Please see attached images.

20240309_214937.jpg

20240309_214916.jpg

20240309_214852.jpg

Edited by Ultra5711

• 5 weeks later...

Welp got a replacement and it still has the same issues, gonna chalk it up to a bad scaler on this model monitor. I think a firmware could fix it but who knows if Corsair cares enough to do so. Helldivers 2 can't do full screen at the native resolution so big games are affected.