Corsair Community

Dominator DDR5 bottom 3 LEDs will not stay lit/save to profile

Go to solution Solved by Fokker1138,

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I haven't found the search terms to give me guidance.

I have 2 sticks of 16GB DDR5 Dominator RAM installed on an Asus Z690 board.  I flashed my BIOS to get them detected by iCue v5, but now I have an additional issue.  It will not save the lighting changes to all LEDs.  The bottom 3 LEDs of each stick are remaining dark.  Lighting Effects tab of the RAM shows these being dark no matter what I try to change in regards to setting a lighting type, changes to murals, etc.  The only time these will light is when I go to the Hardware Lighting option and set all to show a static color.  As  soon as I navigate away, it reverts to the bottom 3 being dark.  The rest of the lighting (pump, block, fans, LED strips) will maintain the static lighting setting for all LEDs.  

The software interface is not clear on what is missing to change this lighting behavior and I haven't been able to find a new enough post/information with searches.  I've found older results, but the solutions offered don't seem to line up with the current interface for v5.

7 hours ago, Fokker1138 said:

The only time these will light is when I go to the Hardware Lighting option and set all to show a static color.  As  soon as I navigate away, it reverts to the bottom 3 being dark.  The rest of the lighting (pump, block, fans, LED strips) will maintain the static lighting setting for all LEDs.  

Ok, I think that’s good news as it means the LEDs still physically work. Hardware Lighting will generate a preview while you are selecting/saving the effect, but it goes back to software mode as soon as you leave that tab. 

1) Ho to “lighting effects” for the RAM and check to make sure all LEDs are selected. The little grey circles indicating the led is part of that lighting effect are very subtle. You can use the DIMM selector buttons to toggle the stick off/on. See if that helps. 

2) If not, there may be some type of corruption in the lighting config. Try the easy solution first and do a repair install. Windows Settings -> Installed Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Click the 3 dot drop down and choose modify.  This does not erase profiles or setting, but it may also not resolve it as a result.  

3) Check the firmware update section in cue. Does the program properly identify the RAM as Dominator?  Or does it say Vengeance?  There have been a few of these RAM misidentifications and it will generate the wrong number of LEDs. Fixing this will require a clean install. That will erase all profiles and settings. Export any valuable profiles first. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Thanks.  I ended up nuking the Lighting Layer and it reverted to having a separate element for each LED, but it now lights everything.  I'm going to play with it more this weekend and see about creating new zones/layers.

Edited by Fokker1138

• 9 months later...
  • Solution

Resurrection post, but I figured out what was causing some of the LEDs to not illuminate when my light layer wasn't overriding: The mural window had part of the RAM icons sticking outside the perimeter, so that was causing the parts not covered by the mural to stay dark.