Corsair Community

Murals device layout problem

Since couple latest update to iCUE software all my murals device layouts seem to reset and delete others than the first one after couple of days. I havent figured out what causes it.

The currently installed iCUE version is 5.2.128. My devices are K68 Rgb keyboard, Lighting node pro with two led strips in both channels and gtx1080.

Everything else works as should but those murals device layouts always reset and disappear after couple of days after I set them up. Really frustrating to set them up again and again.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Windows 11

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.

K70 RGB TKL // M55 RGB PRO // VIRTUOSO SE
LIGHTING NODE CORE // LL120 x3 // SP120 x3
VENGEANCE RGB PRO x4 // ST100

iCUE 5.3.102 // Win10 Pro for Workstations 22H2

I'm trying the Device Layouts function to see if it resets that way.

Really wish the elgato iCUE plugin allowed to choose which layout to use, so that I can use one mural (half red, half black) to alter my RGB.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problem with the murals since I got the LS100 lighting setup. I set up the system and exported my profile with mural configuration to file 1. Turned off iCue and started it back and checked that the device layout was the same.

After reboot I notice the same problem. The lighting layout resets entirely. So.... I exported the profile with the reset lighting layout to file 2 and compared the file. Guess what... there's no information about the mural layout in there, so my guess is they're not persisting this information to anywhere and thus it's getting lost on reboot.

If that's the case, and just with this problem in general, it makes the lighting products basically pointless for mural use which pretty much invalidates the point of some products like the LS100 entirely.

It's really frustrating, since the only responses I've seen from them in the forums are they have no idea why it's happening, and pretty much sound like they don't actually care to fix the problem, which makes one of the main features they advertise about their products invalid. I don't usually post on forums with this sort of ranty post, but a bit upset that the only response I've seen from them is "Yeah it sucks. We don't know."

• Like 1

I might have found something. The mural settings seem to be in %APPDATA%/Corsair/CUE5/canvas/canvas.

I just made a device layout, saved this file to the desktop, and rebooted.

On reboot the device layout was completely reset to the default again.

Stopped iCue and copied the file from my desktop over this file and restarted iCue. Looks like on boot that the layout I set up is now restored.

So it's possible marking this file as read only after you change your layouts might solve the issue. Though you'll need to make it writable anytime you want to edit if that works, but it's a small price to pay to have it actually work.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2023 at 8:30 PM, BattleCorgiVII said:

I might have found something. The mural settings seem to be in %APPDATA%/Corsair/CUE5/canvas/canvas.

Stopped iCue and copied the file from my desktop over this file and restarted iCue. Looks like on boot that the layout I set up is now restored.

So it's possible marking this file as read only after you change your layouts might solve the issue. Though you'll need to make it writable anytime you want to edit if that works, but it's a small price to pay to have it actually work.

Hey nice find, thanks! I will try this as soon as possible 👍🏻

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 7:30 PM, BattleCorgiVII said:

This is a very good procedure, just made my canvas file read-only, only time will tell if this is enough to solve my issues with Corsair Murals

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 10:13 PM, Ned-2600 said:

This is a very good procedure, just made my canvas file read-only, only time will tell if this is enough to solve my issues with Corsair Murals

Did you got the problem solved ? For me Murals still resets every time on restart. 

16 hours ago, vissenoog said:

Did you got the problem solved ? For me Murals still resets every time on restart. 

Hey!

Yea, making the configuration file for murals read-only did solve the issue for me and didn't cause resets upon restarts of my PC.

One of the better solutions, so far in this forum post 👍