Corsair Community

4000D Airflow RGB and H100i Elite Capellix

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello everyone,

First of all, I have specifically examined the documents on the forum, especially those by Zotty, regarding my situation. I own an Airflow 4000D RGB model with three fans at the front. I couldn't mention the model of the front fans as I don't know them. Since there is no exhaust fan, I purchased one iCUE SP120 RGB Elite 120mm fan. I am also using the H100i Elite Capellix as the CPU cooler. Over a period of 2-3 months, according to the installation shown in the image I will provide, fans 2 and 3 at the front of the case are running at a fixed speed without RGB lighting. Fan number 1 has a single color and is constant. Meanwhile, the RGB lighting on the exhaust fan is not working, but it is spinning at a fixed speed. In the iCUE software, I can only see the H100i Elite Capellix and Node Pro, and I am unable to control the RGB lighting or fans from either of them. Is there anyone who can help me figure out where I went wrong?

It may seem silly to those who are knowledgeable about the Corsair ecosystem, but don't I need to be able to control the 3 front fans, 2 H100i fans, and 1 exhaust fan with the Commander Pro that comes with the H100i? The Commander Pro has 6 fan inputs and 6 RGB inputs. Would it be illogical to disconnect the included Lightning Node and the 6-slot RGB controller that comes with the case and connect all the fans to the Commander Pro that comes with the H100i? I read in the documents that there can be issues with different fan models, I don't know the model of the front fans, but I think the other fans are 2 ML and 1 SP. I know that all 3 fans have iCUE support.

Thank you.

corsair.png

• Solution

You only need the Commander Core that came with the AIO.  It is a 6 fan PWM and 6 independent RGB port controller.  You don't need the rest, but hang on to it for future use.  You must use the Commander Core since AIO power is routed through it.  The others do have any advantages over the Com Core in this situation.  

If you have the 4000D RGB version, your front fans on are SP-Elite which go under the "8 LED fan series" category in CUE.  If you have the standard 4000D, they look similar but are not RGB.  The fans from the AIO are the ML-Elite OEM model, which are also 8 LED center hub.  So far, so good.  These all were designed to work together on any controller.

However, it's the last fan that has me a bit worried.  The "SP-RGB" was the original 4 LED addressable RGB fan from Corsair.  It was different than everything that came after it and it won't work on the same controller as other types or on the Commander Core at all.  If you bought a SP-Pro fan, the RGB part will work, but it's a 3 pin DC motor and will not be controllable on the PWM Commander Core.  Hopefully it is another SP-Elite like the front of the case and then it's as simple as 8 LED fan series x 5.  The Commander Core will auto-detect fan type when connected and unlike the other controllers can manage mixed LED counts.  However, it cannot handle the RGB from that original 2016 SP-120RGB.  There still are some of these floating around out there.  

On 6/4/2023 at 2:36 AM, c-attack said:

Thank you, c-attack.

After reviewing what you wrote, I checked again and solved the problem. You were right, but I wanted to proceed without changing the wiring configuration. It turns out that I couldn't control the RGB lights because I selected the wrong fan type in iCue, as shown in the picture I provided. When I selected the 8 LED Fan series, the issue with RGB control was completely resolved. My exhaust fan is indeed the Elite iCue supported version, as you suggested, so I can control both its PWM and RGB lights. Currently, I'm using iCue to control the PWM of the fans through a custom curve on the h100i, and I'm using the Node Pro to control the RGB lights of the other four fans. To synchronize all the RGB lights, I created a setup using "Murals" so that I can control all the RGB lights in sync.

Apart from these, I encountered another problem with not being able to control the h100i and the other fans in PWM mode, and the RGB lights not working. The cause of this issue was an application called HWInfo. To troubleshoot, I selected a static color from the "Hardware Lighting" panel in iCue, and whenever the HWInfo application is running, the system operates in that color, but it switches to the desired RGB setup when I close it. I disabled the monitoring and logging of the Corsair Commander Core through HWInfo, and the problem was completely resolved.

Indeed, as you mentioned, if I had connected all the fans to the 6-slot Commander and selected the correct fan type in iCue, it would have been resolved earlier.

I've been asking them for more than a year to move that "SP-RGB" fan choice to the very bottom of the list.  There are almost no new SP_RGB fans as  they were discontinued years ago.  Meanwhile, the "8 LED fan series" that covers the ML-Elite, SP-Elite, and AF-Elite that make up the bulk of all new fans in use is way at the bottom.  The issue you encountered happens every week and leads people to think there is something wrong with the hardware.  They need to set this up better to prevent it from happening in the first place.  

Murals can be helpful, but it works a little differently than the usual profile lighting.  It's like a lighting blanket you throw over the top of a profile.  Even if you change the profile underneath, the Murals blanket stays.  That can be a plus or a minus depending on usage.  However, you can do this another way and with more choices.  In any of your devices, add a lighting element (yellow +) and then go all the way to the bottom of the list where it says "Lighting Link".  There are common core effects that work on all devices.  So if you pick "color wave", it instantly applies color wave to all devices.  Furthermore, you can toggle each device in or out of the group by clicking on the effect.  So maybe I wanted color wave for everything, but not my RAM.  You set up color wave lighting link, then go to the RAM and click on the effect to "hide it".  RAM is now blank.  Add a different standard lighting effect (Spiral Rainbow, Inside-Out, etc) and now the RAM follows that instead.  There are more effects here than in the Murals section.  

HWiNFO and AIDA64 often get entangled with CUE as they try to poll the same devices at the same time.  You can use HWiNFO with CUE by disabling the monitoring of any internal Corsair devices in HWINFO.  The Commander Core, AIO, and any "i" PSU with USB are common issues.  Often you get garbage data in both programs and CUE will often drop the device or value from the UI.  Right click on any device section in HWINFO to bring up the disable option.  You will need to restart CUE and its services after doing this.  Easiest just to reboot.  

Edited by c-attack