Corsair Community

What are the best Corsair fans ?

Anko

depends what your criteria are. "high end" doesn't mean much unfortunately ^^'

best RGB? best cooling performance on case? Best cooling performance on radiators? most silent?

No one fan has it all at the same time, so you may have to narrow down on what you're looking for first.

If you don't care about cooling all that much and just want a flashy build, then it's most likely the QL you're after.

Differences are small but also dependent upon your physical application.  Behind an dust filter?  On a radiator?  It also matters what speed you prefer to run.  Some fans are preferable for low speed only and others have a wider range.  Most manufacturers have drifted toward a hybrid style blade that outputs a lot of air volume and moderate static pressure at medium fans speed (1000-1500 rpm).  For Corsair that is the AF series.  It is designed to do that with low noise and an optimum medium speed.    

• Thanks 1

You can choose freely between the AF-RGB and the ML-Elite RGB.  If you are going to strictly limit your fans to 1000 rpm or less, the ML-Elite is going to be better with more air through a radiator in that zone.  Between 1000-1500 the AF should be a better combination of airflow vs noise.  Once you go 1500-2000 there are all loud, all move a lot of air, and it really comes down to fan motor tone.  That's something far too unique to each individual to predict, but I would give a slight edge to the AF type.  

Both AF-RGB and ML-Elite RGB are 8 LED center hub fans.  Their effects and appearance are the same, save for the more noticeable fan blades on the AF when rotating.  

• Thanks 1

I actually was suprised with the LL120 fans (white model) I'm told the white series are faster. I've just added a 6 fan system and replaced the ones on my AIO with these and I'll be honest I'm impressed. I'm a old school builder but haven't built in a while and I've gone a bit OTT this time I think lol. 

I've used Corsair everything except board etc. 

So far, Carbide delta spec. x6 ll120 with a commander Xt with rgb lighting pro running 4 strips of led's 32gb rgb vengence, 850x psu. M65 and k60 se plus lots of stuff I never needed that I thought I might! Anyway I've got the RGB bug bad (really bad haha) 

Back to fans....if you want to catch the rgb bug then QL or LL range with a commander for sure but if your not worried then and want to blow hard through or suck hard through your radiator or have a tight airflow case then the SP120 are some high pressure movers but you will get noise. It's a funny thing to give advice on as everyone's got different opinions and budgets but I enjoy the LL120 and the white ones (don't quote me) are supposed to spin up higher so I was told so I think I've made the best choice 😉 however albeit a expensive choice so far haha. 

(First post) nice to hear and read through your opinions and answers etc. Adam & Lisa (bubblead) 

the H100x already comes with SP elite fans 😛

they are perfectly fine, but are on the slower side at 1500 rpm max if i'm not mistaken. more rpm isn't necesarely more better. it's mostly noisy to be sure. 

getting top spec fans is usually a way to get the noisiest (yes, the 2400rpm ML120 comes to mind) and when used in a non ear shattering fashion, at reasonable speeds, the static pressure will be pretty close across all the various models.

So, if you want to chase that last °c with brute force, get ready to sacrifice quietness. 

The white LL were originally released for a special edition white 240mm AIO. A pair of 1500 rpm black LL fans would have tested unfavorably against other AIOs using fan speeds above 2000 rpm. If you look at any of those test results, the differences are slight so a bit more fan speed moves you from 7th to 2nd. However, unless you run those LL white at 2000 rpm, there is no further benefit. At 1500 rpm an LL black is the same as an LL white and most of us don’t need more speed than that.