Corsair Community

H100X which tube is out/in?

Pete81_FI

Hi! 

I just bought the H100X AIO and I got one question. I'm planning installing the radiator on its side vertically like in the attached picture. So the question is that which tube is the outlet and which is inlet? I understood that it would be better if the outlet (hot) would be upper one and the inlet (cold) would be the lower one. There is no markings in the pump which is which. My case is Thermaltake core v21 and I'm using it such way that the motherboard is horizontally. The cooler pump would be top side up and not like in picture. Does it matter which way I install the radiator? 

Thanks in advance! 

h100x.jpg

Edited by Pete81_FI

the best way is the way it fits, as long as the radiator is above the level of the pump head 🙂

It's like with fans. Natural convection loses all relevance once you introduce a fan or a pump in the system. it's just too weak to be worth caring about.

Thanks for reply.

I installed the radiator so that the tubes are towards front of the case so they don't go to rear fan.

Here is crappy picture of my case, the scratched window ruins the look 🙁. I have Lighting Node Pro for ledstrips and they are usually set to react to temperature. Green when cool and then yellow and finally red when temps rise. Might need to adjust those settings now 😁.

Oh yeah, the cpu is i5 10600K @4,8Ghz on all cores. Max load temperature was before 92C with noctua nh-u12s chromax.black. Idle temps were something like 45C.

Now with the H100x max load temperature is 75C and idle is about 30C. I'm happy with the result ☺️

koppa.jpg