Corsair Community

K100 RGB AIR wireless slipstrem and bluetooth not working

Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,

Hi, there.

As i mostly used this with usb connected, I didn't notice bluetooth was not working.

•  ICU 4.33.138
  • slipstream firmware 5.6.126
  • K100 RGB air wilress fireware 5.11.74

When I tried to switch to bluetooth(FN+G2/G3/G4), desktop could not detect bluebooth device. And, switching to slipstream(FN + G1), it also was not connected via slipstream usb, though it was already paired with keyboard. Device manager shows it is connected, indicator does not shows anything. It looks like the new fireware messed up something.

Is there any way to rollback to the old firmware?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following. Considering buying this and this will be a deal breaker for me.

Rusanpas - I would consider returning the K100 Air for a refund if I were you if you still can. It is a hideously expensive keyboard and to be broken and now apparently unsupported is surely a Service Level Agreement breach I would think. Sorry for your pain.

I would return it.  My K100 Air works perfectly.  I currently have three active profiles - 1 slipstream and 2 Bluetooth.  Everything works fine.  So it's likely you have a bad one. 

That's good to know Queeg.

The lack of response to a ticket in 10 days is still a little concerning though.

Yes I think I will have to return it to Amazon. They do not offer me a replacement but they do refund my money.  

Queeg, did you update to the latest firmware?

A suspicion of mine is that it failed after updating...   

On 3/10/2023 at 4:04 PM, Salsiccia said:

That's good to know Queeg.

The lack of response to a ticket in 10 days is still a little concerning though.

That is really weird though cause I've had the same issue, opened a ticket yesterday and got a response today. We haven't yet managed to fix the issue but I've got a tech from CS with whom I am exchanging emails presently so I find this quite weird.

6 hours ago, ItsTonioCyka said:

That is really weird though cause I've had the same issue, opened a ticket yesterday and got a response today. We haven't yet managed to fix the issue but I've got a tech from CS with whom I am exchanging emails presently so I find this quite weird.

Wow, I don't understand why they don't answer me... 

Does your bluetooth fail too? Well, keep us informed, if they come to a solution.

Thanks

17 hours ago, ItsTonioCyka said:

I agree, in the past I have had an acceptable turnaround on tickets too.

Having said that though I also raised a ticket 3 days ago for a separate issue I am having and am yet to get a response from them, so .......

I am in Australia though where there is zero Corsair actual presence other than in selected retailers, maybe they have some kind of geography related prioritisation scheme? I don't know.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:08 AM, Salsiccia said:

Having said that though I also raised a ticket 3 days ago for a separate issue I am having and am yet to get a response from them, so .......

Up to 6 days with no response now.

I officially give up.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:06 PM, Salsiccia said:

Following. Considering buying this and this will be a deal breaker for me.

Deal.... broken, I'm looking elsewhere now.

Guess what Corsair - I raised a support enquiry with one of your competitors and got a reply within 6 hours. Wow - they have my money now.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
  • Solution

Hi Everyone, we have identified the cause of this behavior, and have a solution available to you.  You will need to perform a firmware update on the K100 AIR with some specific steps to regain full functionality.  The link below will provide you full details on the steps, as well as the necessary files that need to be installed:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/14066443517709

If you continue to run into any issues, please submit a support ticket through the support portal, and a Technical Support Agent will be able to assist you.

https://support.corsair.com/

On 3/18/2023 at 3:54 AM, Corsair Nick said:

If you continue to run into any issues, please submit a support ticket through the support portal, and a Technical Support Agent will be able to assist you.

https://support.corsair.com/

Or, in the case of a separate ticket I opened 9 days ago on a different problem I have, the other option is the silence from Corsair's support team will be deafening and you will give up and you will starve to death while waiting for a response. I have just asked for that ticket to be closed. I honestly don't care any more.

• 1 month later...

Corsair is the worst company I've ever had to deal with in my entire life. They are a complete scam at this point. My k100 air is also broken for no reason, and I cannot get Corsair support to help me. Now, I am forced to replace this 300 dollar piece of garbage with a working wireless keyboard for 20 dollars or seek a lawyer.

I tried Corsair Nick's (scammer) link and did nothing to solve my issue.

Corsair puts out junk products at exorbitantly inflated prices and offer zero product support.

Welcome to hell.

Edited by Applicant4478

Actually, the keyboard isn't broken.

I didn't realize you had to hit FN + one of the G keys to initiate a Bluetooth connection. You can't just click "pair" in iCUE, for some reason. I can only connect outside of iCUE using the hot key FN + one of the G keys. G1 is to pair with the dongle.

I did this and it worked. However, I repeat, if you try to pair in iCUE, it does not work (for me).

I am leaving the nasty comments, because Corsair customer support has been horrendous.

Have had this same issue. I previously had an issue where the board just completely stopped responding following the Bluetooth consistently losing connection and not reconnecting. Corsair was very responsive and warrantied the board. My new board  that I have had now for a couple of months just today lost bluetooth connection, and won't reconnect. I am now just using the slipstream with the dongle. I hope that this isn't a sign of the issue happening again. 

The solution of a firmware update is great and all, but I use Mac, and the firmware update for Mac that is on the website doesn't work. The file loads, and then does nothing. 

Very disappointing for such an expensive keyboard. If this one does the same as the last I will just cut my losses and go with the Logitech mechanical keyboard or another manufacturer. 

• 6 months later...