Corsair Community

corsair capellix RGB Controller

Go to solution Solved by Dale.Fahrney,

I have the Corsair Capellix and it comes with a RGB Controller for the fans.   I added a fan yesterday and discovered a dead RGB Fan Port ~ I plugged a new fan in the port and the fan spins but wont light up.  I've switched fans with the ports and they work so I know it's not the fan.   I guess I need just a replacement RGB Controller but I have no idea what part number that is or if there is another way to fix this situation.   Any help would be greatly apprecieated.  

From your image
Top side - Connect RGB 4 pin cables
Bottom side - Connect Power PWM 4 pin cables.
Right side - Press it in properly - CPU Cooler connector
Left side - SATA Connection for Power, SYS_FAN connector to MB and an optional temp sensor connector.

I don't see the yellow tags stating "TO RGB HUB" on your top side. Are those Corsair fans ?

Here's a look at mine:

Commander_Core.jpeg

The controller is a Commander Core. Both it and its sibling Commander XT have auto detect protocols for the PWM and RGB side. If you hit swap or add addition fans while powered on they may not be detected. There is a software setting RGB detect “wizard” for forcing new RGB detection. PWM is a bit trickier and often requires a true shutdown and then power on to make the controller run the PWM fan detection again.