Corsair Community

Streaks in 3090 FE Water Block Window

Furykn16ht

I'm running xl8 clear fluid in my loop. I don't see anything in the cpu block or res. Anyone know what's going on with my gpu block? 

321998985_927034541795633_5457160136949662367_n.jpg

i get same

image.thumb.png.c345ab19bd5411ab8de41448e5420a9c.png

19 hours ago, kampers said:

i get same

image.thumb.png.c345ab19bd5411ab8de41448e5420a9c.png

Someone told me that I have a bacteria bloom and to use a loop cleaner. 

• Like 1

It might be some kind of algae or bacteria.  It looks like it may be time to disassemble the cooling loop and clean the parts.  Add fresh coolant when done (do not reuse the old liquid).

Usually when it's flux from the radiators, there's not that much.. could also be a bad batch of coolant. buuuut.. seeing those big clumps at the bottom and the side, it could also be bacteria.. there may be everywere, in the rads too.

I'd probably do as they said, rinse, flush, then get cracking with a loop cleaner.

the loop is recent? how long has it been running on that fill of coolant?

it wasn't long used but i changed some parts so i released coolant and refill after. so anyway i have to use new coolant if i change som parts ?

What i can use to clean my loop ? i wait for new GPU block to 4090 strix so i will drain coolant.

Edited by kampers

17 hours ago, Latharion said:

It might be some kind of algae or bacteria.  It looks like it may be time to disassemble the cooling loop and clean the parts.  Add fresh coolant when done (do not reuse the old liquid).

9 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

Usually when it's flux from the radiators, there's not that much.. could also be a bad batch of coolant. buuuut.. seeing those big clumps at the bottom and the side, it could also be bacteria.. there may be everywere, in the rads too.

I'd probably do as they said, rinse, flush, then get cracking with a loop cleaner.

the loop is recent? how long has it been running on that fill of coolant?

Mine has been running for 20 days or so. I did a DI flush both directions and have some loop cleaner in it now. It already looks better. I ordered a new bottle of blue fluid. will be here tomorrow. But this clears is to run for 72 hours. 

Much better looking just after the flush ans fill with the cleaner. 20230109_144649.thumb.jpg.4c132e92847d0dd04d35154fabe2d9e2.jpg

20230109_144639.jpg

These aren't tube runs, these are a water rollercoaster 😛

if you want the block spotless clean, you'll have to take it all apart to wipe it, but it looks a lot better as is.

Hopefuly it was just flux residue. It would be really weird do have bacteria after only 20 days.

What i can use to flash the loop? It's enough with destination water and refill new liquid? 

The best way to clean the loop is to disassemble it and rinse each part with distilled water before reassembly.  Barring that, emptying the loop and filling it with distilled water will help clean it.