Corsair Community

Hydro XD5 Pump/Res

silent54

Had 2 D5 pump recently start dying on me. So, looking for new I went with the Hydro XD5 setup. So, I know the speed of dD5 pumps at least the 2 I had. I assumed all were the same. After setting things up, I switched on the pump and the flow looks really weak. In bios, I set it for 100% with no real change. Do I have a bad pump or are these pumps are more efficient that loop speed is the thing of the past? Haven’t tested temps yet as it’s running testing for leaks and removing any bubbles. Thanks

Since I can't edit. Another question on the Res/Pump combo. Will this only work with the Commander Pro? I only have Commander XTs. I have the pump plugged into fan port #6 and the temp probe in the same device but when I go to configure the pump fan port, only the 4 actual fans are detected not the pump in 6. For some reason, if I move the pump to port 4, it's detected but the fan that was there isn't detected in # 5 or 6. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Pump speed on the XD5 is approximately 800 rpm on the low end and maxes out at 4800.  This is pretty consistent across most D5 based units and brands.  It should run at maximum if the PWM/tach wire is not connected.  If you are running with the 24 pin jumped in place, the motherboard is effective cut off but pump will not read that as "open connector = 100%".  It will likely stay at the default quiet value and pretty low speed.

No, you do not need a Commander Pro for the XD5.  Any PWM header will work.  The Commander XT should work just fine -- any header 1-6.  The requirement to use #6 for Hydro X curves no longer exists.  Also feel free to make your own pump and fan curves after you get up and running.  The Hydro X ones are tuned for the lowest possible noise at low to moderate temps, but comes on pretty fast at you go past the middle zone.  Some users may prefer a steadier increment to avoid the higher temps entirely.