Corsair Community

Void RGB Wireless compatibility change with 4.22.03

--MAILMAN-

My Void RGB Wireless Surround Headset was dropped from support when iCue 3 went to iCue 4.

I was running iCue version 3.38.61 from May 2021 when prompted in iCue to update.  It updated to the first version of iCue 4 and my headset didn't show up.  Upon checking the release notes my headset was on the list of legacy devices not supported in iCue 4 so I went through the painful process of deleting everything related to iCue and reinstalling 3.38.61 and all of my profiles.  Even though I had an incompatible device I kept getting notices in iCue to update.  Not wanting to get burned again I would check for release notes which turned out to be all iCue 4 and no support for my head set.  In January 2022 there was an iCue update, 3.38.88 which fixed issues.  I successfully installed this version and have been running it ever since.  Everything was just fine I had no need to update further because my headset is still working with iCue.  I gratefully stopped getting notifications in iCue to update the software.  This was perfect.

A few weeks ago I got a notification to update iCue.  I just ignored it figuring I was done with updating iCue until my headset failed and replaced it with an other than Corsair Brand.  I made a post in these forums after receiving the update notice earlier wondering why I suddenly was getting update notifications since I had an unsupported legacy device.  It never got answered.

I happened to check for to see if it got answered and saw the post had been closed.  Before logging off I decided to read all of the release notes for iCue 4 and came across the below entry for 4.22.03.

Does VOID SURROUND or VOID WIRELESS = VOID RGB WIRELESS Dolby 7.1 GAMING HEADSET?

If so does the support continue through the current release?

I would like to know this information before I attempt to update my iCue.

Thanks for any information on this.

03/29/2022

Software Enhancements

Privacy Tab has been added to Settings
    Fixed an issue that caused Philips Hue to crash iCUE when enabled
    Fixed the LT100 tower names in Quick Lighting Zone
    K100’s Control Wheel will no longer have its lighting impacted by polling rate changes
    Resolved text overflow issues with certain translations
    Resolved some issues with customizing custom Scenes
    NVIDIA 3080 Ti Founders Edition is now supported in iCUE
    The following legacy devices are now supported in iCUE 4:

SABRE RGB
    SABRE RGB Optical
    SABRE RGB Laser
    VOID USB
    VOID Surround
    VOID Wireless

• Corsair Employee

As you pointed out the release notes for 4.22.xx added support for legacy Void headsets to the iCUE 4 software.

I just wanted to be sure about this before updating.

I did not know if Void Wireless or Void Surround were specific headset models or were just a generic group name that included several Void models with the wireless and/or surround feature.

I did not assume that Void Wireless or Void Surround included Void RGB Wireless Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset .

Thank you for the answer.

Edited by --MAILMAN-