Corsair Community

Is the Nexus Still Supported ??

Slartibartfast.

I  Ask because i feel that nothing has been added in ages , i purchased a HS 80 headset the other day and a screen was added to the nexus which is good but none of the bottons on that screen can be added to any other screen.

So i would love to see what EQ setting i have especially if i mistakenly press the volume button and it changes , on the HS 80 nexus screen it has a button that shows the current EQ and is a button to cycle through and to change it to the desired one.

But to do that i have to swipe through 4 screens but if i could add that button to my main screen that would be brilliant but for some unknown reason only decided by corsair you cant do that.

Same for the battery level display again it would be great on the main screen as a widget 

so i need to ask is the Nexus another dead in the water product that Corsair got us to buy but then just stop developing for it because if so i seriously need to decide if Corsair is the way to go from now on 

Edited by Slartibartfast.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I feel like the Nexus is at this point a dead product. Which sucks because it has a ton of potential, but Corsair seems to have done nothing with the software in over a year. I bought mine alongside a K70 MK2 because it had a mount for it and I already invested into the iCUE ecosystem for my PC (fans,  water block, RAM, etc.) so I had hoped I could use it as not only a sensor panel, but also a quick actions system. And since Corsair is one of the few companies who keep their SDK up to date, I was hoping we'd see officially supported extensions being added to iCUE (for instance the ability to request a specific screen to display on the Nexus through the SDK, then have actions set up on that). If that were possible, then I think the Nexus would have a bright future of user-created plugins for stuff like Spotify control, contextual actions in games/programs, custom sensor inputs for useful metrics (e.g. VRAM usage, GPU power, CPU/GPU clock, etc.). In its current state... Well let's just say I swiped between the screens while writing this and wiped a small layer of dust off it. I honestly think my next keyboard will be Logitech again. If this is how Corsair supports their products, then I'm going to exclusively buy the ones that are already possible to use completely free of iCUE (e.g. Commander Pro, Lighting Node Core, Vengeance Pro RGB, etc.) and at least know that while G HUB is arguably a worse program than iCUE, I can plug in my old G502 from when I was in high school and G HUB will pick it up and run just fine. Hell, its technically gained new features by being usable in G HUB, since there are some integrations in G HUB that either didn't work reliably or didn't exist back when LGS was a thing. The same can't be said for the Nexus. Technically its lost features since it launched (e.g. text colour on graph widgets).

As said by many a dad: I'm not mad, just disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed. Support is gone for this item. Nothing has been said , shown or done on it in ages. It is like if they don't talk about it or update it people will just forget and move on. As I have always said it should have been integrated int he new keyboards. Like the K100 with the big space as the top would have been great for it. Maybe they will make a bigger screen one with more size later on. And better features for programs and general use.

if it wasnt supported it would no longer appear in iCUE guys. when it no longer shows. it would be EOL

Edited by Zotty

10 hours ago, Zotty said:

if it wasnt supported it would no longer appear in iCUE guys. when it no longer shows. it would be EOL

Showing in ICUE and actually getting updates is something totally different. But, perhaps you can enlighten us on what you are thinking about just because it shows up. To us things should be added and always updated in the NEXUS. I mean you can show up for work and not do anything that day. And you will still get a paycheck.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:13 PM, KILLER_K said:

Showing in ICUE and actually getting updates is something totally different. But, perhaps you can enlighten us on what you are thinking about just because it shows up. To us things should be added and always updated in the NEXUS. I mean you can show up for work and not do anything that day. And you will still get a paycheck.

Hi buddy.

if you check back through the change logs you will see there has been changes and fix's applied recently.  its still supported. from that link you will find there has been several updates for Nexus this year.

i do get what the OP is saying. and i would also like to see more added. but ulitmatly. its still supported. we can only wait at this point.

Edited by Zotty
  • Like 1

You basically just said everything I been saying the whole time here. And pretty much everyone else up to this point. We all want new stuff added. Bug fixes,etc is something that needs to be addressed anyway. We basically have a simple functioning device to be honest. Stuff that is free on most other sites. Me and all the rest want better function with applications we use daily. Which should have been there at the beginning. But still isn't there after 2-years of waiting. Thanks for your time as well.

On 9/28/2022 at 11:40 PM, KILLER_K said:

Indeed. Support is gone for this item.

i was answering your original statement bud. 

On 10/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, Zotty said:

i was answering your original statement bud. 

Corsair better hire this guy. He will try to sell stripes to a Zebra. I enjoyed the laughs you gave me though.

Edited by KILLER_K
  • Like 1

Corsair should hire anyone that can be a dedicated NEXUS developer. they sure seem to need one. I feel like that department left during the Great Resignation and Corsair never replaced it's people. 

Edited by VioDuskar

lol.. selling nothing bud.. just stating whats true..  it is supported and has had stuff added... but obviously not what you and the couple of other people in this thread  require. sorry about that buddy. cant please all the people all the time.  good luck on your quest......

iCUE 4.9.350

Released 03/16/2021

Through

iCUE 4.29.201 - Early Release for K100 AIR

Released 10/04/2022

New Product Support

Display: iCUE NEXUS

• Resolved an issue for NEXUS widgets that do not update temperature units when changed in iCUE Settings
  • Resolved an issue for Nexus that missing function "Mic Mute/Unmute" of VOID Surround Series headsets
  • NEXUS: Resolved an issue with selecting a program with Launch Application
  • iCUE Nexus widgets can now be renamed while configuring the element
  • iCUE Nexus widgets’ background color will now properly display if toggled on
  • A default name will now appear when creating a new screen with iCUE Nexus
  • Editing NEXUS widget sizes will no longer cause iCUE to crash from high memory usage
  • (x 2) Editing NEXUS widget sizes will no longer cause iCUE to crash from high memory usage
  • Toggling Lighting Link from iCUE Nexus will now correctly include devices supported by the ASUS plugin
  • Text assignments will no longer disappear from Nexus on restart
  • NEXUS Actions assigned with a sound file will no longer crash when triggered• Resolved an issue with the Brightness bar on M65 RGB ELITE
  • Improved the image scaling when customizing NEXUS buttons
  • Resolved an issue with NEXUS not properly showing the correct assignments if more than 3 assignments are created

That is 24 total ICUE updates when the NEXUS was added to current, plus the new Beta ICUE.  Ranging from 3/16/2021 - 10-4-2022. We got 13 software updates fixing bugs. As far as I can tell nothing was added just fixing things that was wrong with it. Which is normal as software updates it breaks things. That is expected.

We all want new stuff and applications supported. But as you can see. But for roughly 1 year and 9 months we got bug fixes only. This is what everyone is talking about. You can polish a turd but in the end it is still a turd.

But you are correct Zotty, some will just not care and be happy with something that barely has any function and be 100% happy with it. We have some that would actually like to use the product and actually work for things we need it to, that it was designed to do.

Some people buy an expensive item just to show it off and just say they have one. What works for you might not work for the next person. We are just asking for application that we use daily. What the item was actually designed for. But what do I know these days.

• Like 2