Corsair Community

Mouse Button remap question

Just a simple question (hopefully)

I'm wondering if after remapping a side button on the Harpoon wireless mouse to 'Show Desktop" if I need to have the icue software continually running in the background for it to stick, or can this windows shortcut be saved to the mouse and still work after exiting icue.

If you saved the remap to "key assignments", then it is a software saved remap and CUE needs to be running.  If you saved it to "Hardware Key Assignments", then saved the profile to the mouse, it will work when CUE is not running.  However, I don't think that command can be saved to a hardware profile, so this would likely need to be a CUE running remap.  How did you create the "show desktop" command?

I haven't done anything yet. I don't even own the mouse, I'm just asking before I buy because my old Logitech m545 could save it with setpoint software even after exiting the app. Then my first foray into gaming mice territory was a bad experience with Razer Synapse that first had to be online to setup and then always had to be running(mining) just to save one single mouse button remap (it said because it's windows show desktop it couldn't be saved onboard the mouse) so I refunded everything. I don't want to go through it again so thought I should ask first before I take the plunge.

You can save stuff to the mouse hardware, but it will be more limited.  KB or mouse keys, language keys, text blocks, basic OS level media keys, and macros that can run without OS interaction.  I am not sure how to do the peek at desktop without using an OS level command.  Someone else may be more clever.  Maybe a double remap with a dedicated KB key, which then is triggered on the mouse side key assigned to the KB key.

These are the Hardware Assignment options.  

Screenshot (312).png

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

Maybe a double remap with a dedicated KB key, which then is triggered on the mouse side key assigned to the KB key

That's a clever idea. 

Perhaps it's not a common ability and I was just lucky with the Logitech mouse. 

I'm not against a small app running in the tray, I just don't want 200-400MB in ram with all the bells and whistles, brand ecosystem pushes, lengthy privacy policies, game integration, system sensors and what have you. I want to be able to customize a little, then close the software.

Thanks for the info and uploading a screenshot.