Corsair Community

i have been trouble shooting iCue not detecting RGB/Fan hubs for over half a year now

so i started this PC build in december

Ryzen 9 5900x

tomohawk x570 mobo

EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3

64g 3600mhz gskill Ram

corsair 1000w psu

corsair nexus touch screen

corsair comander core xt

corsair sp 120 rgb case fans x 6

NZXT internal usb 2.0 hub.

windows 10 pro

so i started this build on windows 11. i downgraded to 10 hoping it was an icue bug, i have spent more hours trouble shooting icue then any other program ever and have ran out of ideas. i have clean installed a dozen times. i have tried 3 to get icue to detect three different corsair RGB hubs. on two different operating systems, i have bought the internal usb hub hoping to stablize a know problem with AMD mobos. im out of ideas out of patience. i had hoped it would be fixed in an icue patch by now. any help would be appreciated very much so

i had had an RGB hub that originally came with the SP 120 3 pack hooks up , and was stuck on rolling rainbow RGB light effect. when i switched to the commander core xt im now stuck on white. with no way to detect any hubs.

pc1.jpg

Edited by IllRage

1 hour ago, IllRage said:

corsair sp 120 rgb case fans x 6

You didn't mention the SP-RGB fans in your original post.  The original 4 LED SP120 RGB fans do not work with the Commander XT or Commander Core.  I suspect this also holds true for the Lighting Node Core device.  They were the original 5v RGB fans and different than all that came after.  This is a physical issue and stuck on white is a common result.  

What other "hubs" were you using and with what RGB controller?  

USB issues will make the controller device not appear or drop in and out of CUE.  If the controller is there but you don't have control, it's not likely to be a USB issue.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

You didn't mention the SP-RGB fans in your original post.  The original 4 LED SP120 RGB fans do not work with the Commander XT or Commander Core.  I suspect this also holds true for the Lighting Node Core device.  They were the original 5v RGB fans and different than all that came after.  This is a physical issue and stuck on white is a common result.  

What other "hubs" were you using and with what RGB controller?  

USB issues will make the controller device not appear or drop in and out of CUE.  If the controller is there but you don't have control, it's not likely to be a USB issue.  

even the hub that came with the fans does not show up on icue, though it clearly states the product is compatible with Icue. i connected both the free hubs and the commander hubs to the nzxt 2.0 just to see if anything would detect, nothing. all drivers are up to date

The controller pictured above is a lighting node core. It is a fan only RGB controller included with newer fans. 

SP-RGB 120mm - these were the original 5v RGB fan used in some cases when everyone was shifting from 12v to digital 5v RGB. However, they are an odd duck and not like all the stuff that came after. Must be set as “SP-RGB” in lighting setup. 

SP-Pro - Successor to the original. It is an 8 LED fan, but with a 3 pin DC motor. Must be set as “8 led fan series” in lighting setup. 

SP-Elite - Newest in the series. 8 center hub LEDs. More elaborate directional vanes on the back. PWM motor. 

Fan type is critical for sorting this. I can tell you don’t have SP-Elite because the back is different. However, the white is bright enough I can’t tell 4 LEDs from 8 in that picture. If you have SP-RGB fans, the result is expected. If you have SP PRO, it is not. 

52 minutes ago, IllRage said:

even the hub that came with the fans does not show up on icue

That is an issue. No matter what you plug in on the fan side, if the usb is connected and the SATA for power, it should show in CUE. 

Edited by c-attack

i downloaded usbd-view and was just playing around. realized that nothing i plug into either internal USB 2.0 detects by PC. not the lighting node core/commander core/or NZXT 2.0 hub. the power light is on, on the hub and should be working. i have tried 4 devices on both 2.0 options on mobo. nothing, pretty sure this is most definitely an AMD problem...

i also thought my front case panel was not working. . originally i had defect io cables that would loose power. fixes those, and i didnt really care about the front usb options. but now im reallizing i dont think my internal 2.0 or 3.0 headers work....