Corsair Community

Need some help regarding what I can and cant do

bazzoiskingok

So I just purchased this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08G1NSG7F?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image. The Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler.

It comes with the commander hub, and I'm just wondering will I be able to connect my other corsair branded fans into this and still have RGB compability ? Or what fans will i have to purchase that will be compatible with the commander core?

• Corsair Employee

Hey bazzoiskingok,

You absolutely can connect your other CORSAIR fans into the commander core! The commander core that comes with the H100i ELITE CAPELLIX can hold up to 6 RGB fans, however having the same fans as the ones included (ML120) is a lot easier to control together. I recommend checking out THIS thread for the full breakdown of our rgb hardware and ecosytem 😄

The Commander Core and XT have individual RGB port control, unlike the other serial Corsair RGB controllers.  This allows you to mix and match different fan types, if needed.  However, be aware that you can't make a center hub LED fan like a SP/ML-Elite look like a LL/QL ring fan.  There are specific ring based effects that don't work geometrically on a fan with no ring.  

The Elite Capellix comes with 3 ML-Elite (OEM) fans.  This is an 8 LED center hub fans.  It is a direct match for ML-Elite retail and SP-Elite fans.  You need to avoid the discontinued "SP-RGB" fans that do not work with any other fan type and the SP-Pro fans that have DC motors and will not be controllable for speed on the PWM only Commander Core.  All other current Corsair RGB fans are PWM and will be controllable for speed.