Corsair Community

HX 1000i possibly melted relay

Had sudden shutdowns and restart for a while , thought it was ram as that was swapped out , everything was ok for weeks then it all started again so did a clean install , so I thought take out the HX1000i and refit my old HX850 I got in 2010 , had that much problems I was demoralised to say the least , two days in no shutdown ect, so thought I’d have a look at the HX1000i but not strip down as it’s under warranty, well I seen this , just to confirm does that look melted ? Also looks like a relay 

E07DC004-43A1-4EDB-ABBC-F4E805DF7717.jpeg

looks like a common mode filter choke..

If that's what it is, and if the insulation gets melty on it, there's something wrong in the primary side. those chokes should never get 'that' hot.

It's probably time to open a support ticket to have Corsair take a look at it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeDoyen said:

looks like a common mode filter choke..

If that's what it is, and if the insulation gets melty on it, there's something wrong in the primary side. those chokes should never get 'that' hot.

It's probably time to open a support ticket to have Corsair take a look at it

yea you can see the copper like you say a choke 

The psu tester just says it’s ok lol, thing is I monitor the fan ect and I’ve only seen the fan kick in once and that was when it was in its 30s psu sites around 43-48c and fan is not on, so I always thought the fan kicks in at 50c, at load all works fine it’s random idol I get shutdowns, it’s not like Corsairs psus this as I’ve had them for years , except the ax860i that this replaced unless it’s related too icue psus