Corsair Community

Corsair 7000D Airflow.... hdd activity led?

ivan5150

Hi there, I just completed a new PC build with this case, it's gorgeous but there is something that is driving me crazy... where is the HDD activity led??? For a case in this range of price I would expect this feature...

Please advice

Thank you!

• Corsair Employee

Hi @ivan5150,

the 7000D Airflow is not equipped with a HDD activity LED. Hence there's also no corresponding cable attached to the I/O panel (see screenshot from quick start guide attached).

LandLubber

7000D_IO.jpg

Thank you!

I have to say.... this is disappointing 😞 It's still a very useful feature imho, anyway thank you for the fast response!

you can still add one, but it's not really useful nowadays. it's just a feature we're used to have but serves no real purpose, besides telling us the PC is somewhat active. But you tend to notice when the PC is frozen without needing a LED anyway 😛

there are kits like this one that allow you to add a simple LED in the case if your PC is on the desk and you can see the insides : 

https://www.amazon.fr/InLine-59910-tester-pour-batterie/dp/B000PELTVA/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2RWUX5XWZ4ZJ6&keywords=kit+test+carte+mere&qid=1655285986&sprefix=kit+test+carte+mere%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-5

You can also make your own, it's a very simple part to make

Well, I still think it's somehow useful, they should use the Power Led also for HDD activities, just like NZXT...

you can still connect the power LED to HDD pins if you don't care about power LED. that's a free solution ! Of course you won't have power LED, but if HDD activity notice can be useful, power notice is not. you know when your PC is on basically (and there's status LEDs, debug LEDs on the motherboard if needed) . maybe worth the trade off?

Are you working for Corsair? 😆

I can live without HDD activity led, it's just a little detail, but you know... details make big difference! 😉 

Thank you!

HDD ???? Sorry, aber wer benutzt heutzutage noch eine HDD !?

Dude... HDD activity it's also for SSD and NVME of course... 🙄

17 minutes ago, ivan5150 said:

Alter ... HDD-Aktivität ist natürlich auch für SSD und NVME ...  🙄

Sowas braucht man nicht mehr , dass ist doch völliger Mumpitz ! 🙄

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ivan5150 said:

Are you working for Corsair? 😆

lol

If i said what i think of Corsair hardware and mainly software, i'd probably get banned 😛

I've been ripped off like many so i stayed to help the poor souls that lost their money here ^^

• Like 1

Sorry, what can HDD LED can feed you you any detail? By flashing the LED only shown there is activities such as reading/writing. Other than that as to me, it useless. What detail are you talking about. HDD LED not a morse code proving you any SOS signal such as Dot dot dot dot. Dot dot. 4 dots for H, 2 dots for I.......Just move on.

"By flashing the LED only shown there is activities such as reading/writing" 

THIS

• 1 year later...

EXACTLY!!

EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED in this!! 

$250.00+ case and no freaking HDD LED! Unacceptable. 

And spare me the "why do you need one" argument. It's as simple as this: I want to know *WHEN* my computer is doing something. Period! 

This ridiculous development (I thought) was only limited to laptops, but surely not DIY computer cases.....Nope.

So now I have to jury rig one myself and (probably) have to drill a hole somewhere to make it look ascetic AT ALL. To save a couple bucks on a $250+ plus case. Epic fail. Shame on you Corsair. (and BTW this new build contains new Corsair Vengeance RAM, Corsair, H170i AIO radiator, ICUE, H1000i P/S, Corsair 2TB M2 SSD) So ya, I am a loyal Corsair builder (for years)

Purely FWIW... I also like having the HDD light, but since my 5000D sits on my desk, just used a tiny tab of double-sided tape to stick the LED where I can see it through the glass side panel. If there was an HDD light on the switch panel I couldn't see it anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯