Corsair Community

A question about RAM Upgrade.

Gargamel91

Hello, currently my system has 16GB of RAM, 3200/CL16 Corsair vengeance LPX with the serial code CMK16GX4M2E3200C16.

I need another 16 GB and I always I assumed I could just add another 16 GB from corsair that are 3200/16 but from what I am reading online now that does not appear to be the case. I ordered another 16 gigs from amazon, with this link: https://www.amazon.com/-/he/ערכת-זיכרון-Vengeance-LPX-Corsair/dp/B0143UM4TC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SI3QRG7BXXJK&keywords=corsair%2Blpx&qid=1654846969&refinements=p_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A677429011&rnid=673240011&s=pc&sprefix=corsair%2B%2Caps%2C204&sr=1-1&th=1&language=en_US

I noticed the SN is slightly different: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.

How likely am I to have compatibility issues? 

I didn't receive the shipment from amazon but it was shipped so I cant cancel it yet, should I just return it on arrival?

it's never recommended to mix kits, even if they were the same part number, because they were simply not tested and validated to work together.

The chips could be a different manufacturer... or the same manufacturer but a different revision, secondary timings can be different etc etc..

It can work but there's no guarantee it will be totally stable, or work at the advertised speed.

It's always best to replace the ram with a single kit of the memory size you need (single 32gb kit).