Corsair Community

Dark Core Pro SE does not maintain DPI selection

So after a recent ICUE update (can't recall which one) I noticed that when my Dark Core PRO SE goes to sleep and then wakes up the default DPI selection is no longer selected on the mouse..  It appears to reset itself.  The indicator lights on the mouse are not lit up and I need to cycle through them again to select the DPI setting.  I have checked the settings multiple times in ICUE and cannot see a reason why this would be occurring.  Everything appears correct.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Is it a new bug?

Thanks

Edited by mpoffo

• Corsair Employee

Does this happen both in wired mode, and if you have it wired directly to the system with a USB cable? 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:16 PM, Corsair Blade said:

Does this happen both in wired mode, and if you have it wired directly to the system with a USB cable? 

I have not tested that out but can.  I need to use it wirelessly given the location of my computer.  I see some others are having this issue as well.  Seems like a bug of some sort was introduced with one of the more recent releases.

• Corsair Employee
On 5/21/2022 at 10:06 PM, mpoffo said:

I have not tested that out but can.  I need to use it wirelessly given the location of my computer.  I see some others are having this issue as well.  Seems like a bug of some sort was introduced with one of the more recent releases.

We'd love to see if the issue is related to the wireless connection or not -- If possible, at your convenience, test that out and let us know your results!

6 hours ago, Corsair Blade said:

We'd love to see if the issue is related to the wireless connection or not -- If possible, at your convenience, test that out and let us know your results!

I will test this in the next a day or so. Thanks for the follow-up!

On 5/23/2022 at 3:09 PM, Corsair Blade said:

Sorry for the delay.  I have used it plugged into USB and there are no issues.  However every time I use it wirelessly, when it goes to "sleep" it resets the DPI lights/DPI.  I have not updated the firmware of this mouse/receiver in a long time.  It appears an recent ICUE update in the last month/month and a half caused this behavior since it was work well prior to that.  Others have reported the same issue,

Edited by mpoffo

Same issues as this thread: