Corsair Community

K70 MK.2 LP key issues

I have a K70 MK.2 Low-Profile keyboard on which the lower left Ctrl and Shift keys are not working.  I tried the soft reset option already (to no avail) but I suspect this is a hardware issue with those switches.  The lights in the switches do work, but registering the keystrokes no longer works.

Is there any hope for fixing those? Am I correct in saying that the switches are soldered into the board and not user-replaceable?

• Corsair Employee

I have a K70 MK.2 Low-Profile keyboard on which the lower left Ctrl and Shift keys are not working.  I tried the soft reset option already (to no avail) but I suspect this is a hardware issue with those switches.  The lights in the switches do work, but registering the keystrokes no longer works.

Is there any hope for fixing those? Am I correct in saying that the switches are soldered into the board and not user-replaceable?

Hi irkregent,

You are correct in that the switches are PCB soldered and not meant to be user replaceable. I'm going to convert this into a Technical Support ticket on your behalf and have them assist you with a firmware reset on the device to see if that helps resolve things. Keep an eye on your email as they will be reaching out very shortly.

Thank you.