Corsair Community

Is only ONE of your RGB fans working with your CORSAIR RGB HUB? (GUARANTEED FIX INSIDE!)

Theyreinmyhead

I've read many different ways to fix this issue on this forum site. But none of them worked so I started to tinker. The only way I could fix my fans so that the RGB would work is by using the ICUE software and creating a profile that has the lighting channel 1 setup as a RGB LED STRIP. I set the number of strips to the amount of fans I had and BOOM instantly worked. Before I did that only my first fan would light up ( channel 1 ). every other channel (2-6) was just not doing anything no matter the order or number of fans I supplied to it. So, if you've read any other post out there, and it hasn't worked. Try my fix, hopefully I can help you too! Have a great okay day. 

Fans have a specific number of LEDs depending on model. Setting the wrong type is likely to produce incomplete coverage or misaligned effects. LED strips have 10 LEDs, but no fans have that exact number. Setting a Corsair fan to act as a strip will always skew the intended lighting.  It is most likely you selected the wrong fan model in the lighting setup tab. 

• 11 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, Theyreinmyhead said:

I've read many different ways to fix this issue on this forum site. But none of them worked so I started to tinker. The only way I could fix my fans so that the RGB would work is by using the ICUE software and creating a profile that has the lighting channel 1 setup as a RGB LED STRIP. I set the number of strips to the amount of fans I had and BOOM instantly worked. Before I did that only my first fan would light up ( channel 1 ). every other channel (2-6) was just not doing anything no matter the order or number of fans I supplied to it. So, if you've read any other post out there, and it hasn't worked. Try my fix, hopefully I can help you too! Have a great okay day. 

so i did this and it worked but the rest of my fans still wont light up only the one that is plugged into the first rgb port on the controller lights up before it was stuck on white and only half way lit 

• 5 months later...

I just figures I'd kick this old hornets nest with my 2 cents, as I stumbled across this Icue issue with my 5000d Airflow ICue case the software is not very intuitive and buggy and I ran into the same issues as everyone else it worked out the box but once I started playing around in the rgb setting for icue only the fan plugged into the 1st slow would work, uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, removed drivers, deleted temp files and cleared caches, checked connections.

the only thing that did work for me was manually going through all the different devices in the RGB devices and testing them and as soon as I found one that would illuminate all my fans I was able to switch to my actual rgb fan device and change the colors and murals again, it seems like a software issue at the driver level.