Corsair Community

HELP: Hydro Series H100i Pro RGB 240mm all-in-one compatible with new LGA 1700 socket CPU?

Hi there. I'm not entirely clear whether I just need an LGA1700 retrofit kit to make my H100i Pro compatible with a new LGA socket CPU or not. Can anyone advise? Cheers!

Edited by Mattsky
typo

• Corsair Employee

Unfortunately, not with anything officially. We no longer have the capability to develop for that specific AIO platform. The PRO was the last of our previous pump generation and uses a completely different retention solution than our current coolers. 

Technically, you might be able to get away with using a set of 1700 standoffs from a competitor's Asetek LGA1700 retention kit (like NZXT's Kraken) but that's not guaranteed and if it damages your board, it would 1000% not fall under our warranty. 

• Thanks 1

You might consider a cooling upgrade for another reason as well. The Pro series was developed before the current core count explosion and has a smaller cold plate than some newer coolers. So on top of rigging up a mounting kit not specifically designed for your AIO, you may be at a surface area disadvantage too. 

• Like 1