Corsair Community

Corsair HX850I showing crazy stats in iCUE, possibly linked to USB hub problem

Benjii

This evening my PC randomly shut off while I was gaming and then again when I turned it back on again. Now it appears to be fine and I was looking at the PSU stats to see if anything was unusual and I noticed some impossible spikes.

I've attached a screenshot of the log, interval was set to 1 second. Note the 2kW spike at the top as well as the 230c temp spike at the bottom. Obviously neither of these happened otherwise I'd have serious issues. While I was typing this, although logging was stopped, I just noticed a 60kW spike!

Motherboard is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, I have the USB cable from the PSU connected to an internal USB hub. I only have 2 internal USB 2.0 headers, one has the hub connected and the other has my H150i. I had to take my H150i off the hub as it was causing impossible coolant sensor spikes that were ramping up my fans. I'm wondering if it's the same issue, but I have no idea how to fix it.

The hub is the frequently recommended (here and elsewhere) NZXT Internal USB hub, not the new gen 3 one though. Do you think it's worth buying the gen 3 and see if it's a hub problem?

psu.png

usually weird values are caused by other programs polling the PSU at the same time as iCUE. Maybe disable support for corsair devices in those programs if you use one, and restart the corsair service, that should fix it in iCUE.