Corsair Community

ICUE QL 120 - Possible to use them unsychronous?

Hey everyone🙂

I have 6 QL 120 fans. Everything works. All 6 fans have the same color animation. Is it possible that they do not run synchronously? I would like each to run independently but with the same animation (to make it more colorful). As soon as I change the settings of individual fans, I get the desired result. However, all light animations start again at the same time at PC and ICUE start. 

You can set up different effects for each of your fans if you want.  Within the lighting channel set-up you can create different lighting layers to implement different effects for each fan individually if you want.  You could make it as detailed as selecting the different LED's in the fan diagram or the specific fans in the quick lighting zone.

As for the issue with the changes not sticking are you making these changes in a different profile and not the default that loads at start-up?

There is no "randomizer" and the way you are manually pausing each lighting effect to put it out of sequence is the only way to create the appearance using presets.  I do this from time to time as well, but as you've noticed if you restart CUE or even change to a different lighting profile, it will reset the clock.  You could go to a lot of trouble programming a high number of custom waves with different timings to give the appearance of randomness, but that is likely a lot more work than pausing the preset effect(s) for a moment to create this.  

Edited by c-attack