Corsair Community

H100i Elite Capellix "working" 0rpm Pump Failure

Hello everyone,

So I just bought this pump yesterday and was trying to get a second opinion on my conclusion or help resolving the issue. I have the AIO pump Tach cable put in my AIO pump header, manual says otherwise, but I can't get past boot if I place it in the CPU_Fan header. I can feel the pump running, it has power, and when monitor my CPU temp it's staying a nice temperature which makes me assume the pump is in fact running. The problem is that the cooling system thinks there is a pump failure because it is detecting 0rpm from the pump. I am getting 0rpm in ICUE and the bios.

Some things that I have done: Resocketed everything to ensure good fits and connections. Moved the Pump Tach cable to different locations. Re-installed ICUE, updated my BIOS. Tried it without the Tach cable plugged in.

I am under the impression that at this point it is a bad tach cable and I am going to need to go back to the store and get a whole new system. Mostly because it's pretty much unusable if my fans are at 100% and the case is blinking red even though it is keeping my CPU cooled.

I'm having the same issue.  I was swapping RAM and, after booting up, I noticed the tach wire wasn't plugged in.  After plugging in to the CPU header, pump/fans flash red every few seconds with fans running at 100%. Pump is also running with good temps, but iCUE software reports zero pump rpm.  I've tried switching off the power supply overnight, clearing the BIOS, and forcing a firmware update through iCUE.  What's left to try?  I really hate to have to pull the cooler out to exchange it.  That's going to be really annoying.  Please help.

The tachometer cable is to prevent the motherboard BIOS from throwing a CPU_Boot error at you.  That is it's defense mechanism, but can be turned off in the BIOS.  I don't think that is what you are reporting and the tach cable is not required for the Elite AIO to function.  There is no control on the line and its reporting a RPM to BIOS only.  

If CUE is reporting a "pump fail" and "flashing red", that is on the CUE software and Corsair hardware end.  Others have reported this issue on the Elite series but there does not seem to be a common cause.  Go into notifications and make sure you dismiss the current alarm, then go to the notifications in the AIO device panel and see if you can turn off the 40C=100% fan + red alarm set by default.  Hopefully this makes it less aggravating while you are working on a resolution. However, a zero RPM for the pump within CUE is a problem.  That comes from the pump directly.  Could be a bad Commander Core wire or a problem on the pump tach itself.  Try a full power down, PSU off, disconnect the wide "mini 24 pin" on the side of Com Core, then reconnect it and power up.  Hopefully that resets the device.  Either way, contact Corsair Support through the link at the bottom of this page or the main website.  

Edited by c-attack

Yeah, I tried unplugging the harness from the command unit as well. The iCUE software won't let me do any configuration while that error is active. If I clear it, and then try to click on the pump, it throws up the pump error again. Contacting support tomorrow. Thanks.