Motherboard- MSI Z690 Wifi Carbon
Processor- Intel 12700K
Ram- 32gb 2 stick Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5200 CL40
GPU- EVGA 3080ti FTW3
Cooler- Liam Li Galahad 360
Fans- (7) Liam Li Al120
Drives- (1) 500gb Samsung 980 Pro and (1) 2tb Samsung 980 Pro
Case- Liam Li 011 Dynamic Evo

I just want to get the rainbow RGB to one color. I'm down to the Ram. No software is seeing the ram as RGB. Currently I have Windows 10 Pro with all updates and Icue 4.21.173. There is no other software installed. Icue does not see the Ram a device. But in the dashboard I can see it. It shows a non RGB Vengeance Ram.

I tried MSI Center, HwMonitor, and CPUID and they all show the ram as CMK32GX5M2B200C40. Again, which is non RGB Vengeance Ram. Is this an issue? And is it why no software, including Corsair see my ram as RGB?

My Ram is CMT32GX5M2B5200C40.

Thanks for any help.

• Corsair Employee

There are many threads already addressing this issue here on the forums. I would advise that you utilize the search feature in order to find the solution at this time.

4 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

There are many threads already addressing this issue here on the forums. I would advise that you utilize the search feature in order to find the solution at this time.

I guess my search skills suck. I tried to search prior to posting and I did not see anything pertaining to my situation. I see a lot of posts about DDR5 on ASUS motherboards and changing the Spd Write setting. Which I do not have an Asus MB and do have that setting. Not sure if that is what you are referring to. 

I appreciate you making me feel dumb and offering no help in the right direction. Maybe give me a hint on what to search.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, Sunken4Life said:

I guess my search skills suck. I tried to search prior to posting and I did not see anything pertaining to my situation. I see a lot of posts about DDR5 on ASUS motherboards and changing the Spd Write setting. Which I do not have an Asus MB and do have that setting. Not sure if that is what you are referring to. 

I appreciate you making me feel dumb and offering no help in the right direction. Maybe give me a hint on what to search.

Hey!

I wonder if you have ever found a fix for this? I have the same issue, same Mobo. The lack of an SPD write feature on BIOS seems to prevent an easy fix!!!