Corsair Community

Corsair One i300 suggested upgrades/tweaks?

Looks like replacing the top 140mm fan is a suggested upgrade, curious if anyone else has found other quick and easy improvements?

2tb storage on my model, is there room for a sata drive or more m.2 if I want to add?

Also anyone who found skin options I'd love suggestions. Thanks!

Rocket Cool is now working on a bracket for the 12th gen series.  Might not be released for a few months but if it comes out it will allow you to attach the cooler directly to the CPU die, this is a very risky mod to do but if successful can easily achieve -20C+ temp drops.  I'm guessing right now if it does come to be available, we will see 25C+ drops on average compared to the de-lid which gets us about 13C average drops.  This is the one I'm excited about.  Also will be upgrading ram down the road when DDR5 is better.

You can add a SATA SSD, but you will have to supply your own SATA data cable.  I would use a short (20cm) low-profile cable and use connector 4 on the main board to be out of the way for memory cooling air-flow.

Not sure if it is possible to add a second nvme ssd, but I think I read Corsair does not want you to (warranty), so physical needed items could be missing.

If you remove the SATA SSD bracket there is room to include more SATA SSD’s, which you could combine using Intel Raid.  Because Corsair only mentions using a 2.5” SATA SSD they will not have assigned much headroom in supplied power for any internal peripherals.

• Corsair Employee

Hi All,

The easiest upgrades would be the fan and storage - as previously mentioned.

These computers do not come with the extra cables - so this process would be done entirely separately from any warranty services.

Upgrading does NOT void warranty; however if you eventually need to RMA the system - you'll need to return the system with the original components within it and retain any third party additions that you may have purchased.

Hope this cleans up any confusion!

~Mordred

Would this fan fit the i300 and is it recommended over the one that it comes with?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/ml-pro-rgb-config/p/CO-9050077-WW

Hmm re-reading the i300 product page mentions it's current cooling fan already is a ML fan.

Is it this one?

if so, its max speed & airflow is more than the others.

On 3/17/2022 at 10:46 PM, zguy85 said:

Yes

Did you upgrade your fan if so which did you pick and is what i found above true regarding the speed and airflow of the replacement fans?

@ToWn3r Just saying that 140 you mentioned would fit.  I haven't replaced the fan yet on the i300, but on the older C1 model I had I replaced the OG fan with a standard ML PRO and the Pro was capable of higher fan speeds but also more noise, but yes did provide better cooling. I'm currently thinking of experimenting with a certain fan from Noctua.

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, ToWn3r said:

Would this fan fit the i300 and is it recommended over the one that it comes with?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/ml-pro-rgb-config/p/CO-9050077-WW

I also upgraded my fan in my i165 to the ML Pro and it's the same noise until it reaches a higher rpm than the old fan is capable of, at which point it is obviously a little louder and cooler. I think the ML Pro might be what comes with the newer Corsair One systems though so you may already have it. Personally I am very happy with it and am not looking for a replacement.

If you run a stress test and it gets to 2000 rpm's then it's safe to say that's what you have. There's also a chance that it is software limited to not reach max rpm to keep noise down.