Corsair Community

K100 G key assignement not launching app

Hello all,

I have a K100 and using iCUE to assign the G keys to launch powershell or command prompt. However I am not getting any response. I have the application path directly to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" in iCUE and it doesn't launch. Same thing happens with command prompt. Other applications however seem to work.

Any one have any experience with this?

Doesn't work for me either, same keyboard, Windows 11 Pro.

I also put the path to the .exe into a .bat file, and had the Gkey shortcut point to that instead.  Same issue, doesnt do anything!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having this issue also.  Unable to launch cmd.exe.  It works for other applications, though.  Is it a permission/security issue with command prompt or powershell?

As a work-around you can record a macro pressing the windows key + R, then type either c m d  or  p o w e r s h e l l, then the enter key.  Be sure to add a delay in the macro after the release of the R+win keys.  Otherwise, it might not open the run window fast enough to catch the other keystrokes.  I go with a 20ms delay.  If you have a slower computer, you might need a longer delay.

Edited by Socracluse
Forgot to mention the enter key

• 8 months later...