Corsair Community

Can't install iCUE

Hi, 

I am having trouble re-installing iCUE I keep getting this message: ( ....is my system details so replaced)

C:\User\.....\Downloads\iCUESetup_4.20.169_release (3) .msi' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package "iCUESetup_4.20.169_release (3) .msi" in a folder from which you can install the product.

All folders have security access and I have searched every folder on my PC and cannot find this folder name. I used 'regedit' and nothing shows up on there either. How can I reinstall or get round this error message. 

Possible the CUE download is corrupt and the (3) after the name suggests it may been attempted multiple times, like when it’s interrupted and must restart. The .MSI extension is the Windows file for the installer and it’s looking for it in your browser downloads folder. If you cut and pasted the file elsewhere, try to access it directly. 

Hi, 

thank you for the reply and help. I cannot find the windows file or the corrupted file anywhere on my system .( I have tried multiple times so that makes sense,) If I cannot find it. like I have deleted the file completely is there another way to fix it?

Thank you

The partial link suggests it may be in the Downloads folder from Windows Edge/Explorer.  However, I suspect the download was interrupted at some point and some file types can't deal with that and resume.  The result is a partial or corrupted download.  I would start the download over.  Try clearing the 'downloads' folder for your browser.  

I removed all downloads and files related to corsair, restarted my pc and still not working. There is a message now that says:

'The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it'

If there is no file how can I install it, is there another way?

Apologies I have built my own PC and still learning my way round windows from MAC

Thank you