Corsair Community

Mix fans, ML, SP, LL

Mr-Pille

Hi like the title.

I just order a Corsair 5000X and a CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD CPU Cooler. What i could read the fans that ar inkluded in the chassi is SP fans. The fans that are mounted on the radiator i ML fans. Is it possible for iCue to handle a mix of fans from Corsair or does all the fans needs to be of the same model?

Best Regards

Mr-Pille

The fans on the case are SP-Elite, an 8 LED center hub fan. The fans on the Elite AIO are ML-Elite, also an 8 LED center hub fans. These are interchangeable for RGB purposes and both use the “8 LED fan series” setting. They are both different from SP-RGB and ML-RGB fans that have 4 LEDs. 

The LL fans are 16 LEDs and with a ring design. They are distinctly different than those mentioned above and combining them in the same controller comes with compromises. However, since you have 6 x 8 LED fans above, the Commander Core controller will be full. If you run more than 6 RGB fans, you will need a second controller and the LL can be placed by themselves on that device. Up to you if you want to differentiate the look by adding them, but I would suggest keeping the LL on their own controller unless you set it to solid colors or rainbow all the time and don’t give the lighting much thought.