Corsair Community

iCUE affecting fan speeds

Hello,

I recently installed iCUE v.4.20.169 and once the installation was complete my H100i fans started to run at 2500RPM. I went into the cooling settings and changed the configuration from "Balanced" to "Quite" and nothing seemed to change. I also went into my BIOS and checked the fans and nothing I do seems to lower the RPM of the fans.

My Build is:
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO

CPU: Intel i7-8700K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 8GB STRIX

PSU: EVGA G3 750Q 80+ Gold

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

Any and all help is much appreciated

spacer.png

Go to the CUE setting and restart the service. This probably won’t work, but I have been tracking fan control errors on the last two releases. 

If it does not, go to the H100i XT settings and force a firmware update. Firmware -> check for update -> none -> force update. It will take several seconds to reload the firmware. The Platinum/XT fan controllers have a tendency to lock up and then. Usually this resolves the issue. 

I restarted the service and it didn't affect anything. So I forced the firmware update about a half hour ago and it is still "updating" does it normally take this long?

No, it should have taken about 5 seconds. The device is having issues and this was likely the origin of the problem to begin with. You can ignore the dire warning about quitting CUE. The worst that can happen is locking up the device and that has already occurred. 

Contact Corsair Support. Hopefully they can give you the boot loader directions and hex file to manually reset it. It’s possible someone has posted it in these forums as well. In the meantime, you can disconnect the fans from the XT splitter to stop the noise. Put them on the motherboard or another controller while this gets sorted. Radiator fans only need to run along a moderate pace for effective cooling. There is no need for them to be reactive. 

I had to restart my PC because nothing I did would close it. It ran for 12+ hours and was at the same "updating" spot. When I restarted my PC I tried it once more and it fixed it. Thank you so much for the help! 😄