Corsair Community

Corsair 4000x fan issue

I just got a 4000x case. And one of the ports on the fan node isn't lighting correctly. I have it set to two colors in an arc layer. And it only shows 1 color. I have switched fans to that port and it does the same for that fan also. Any idea why it would do this? Case is brand new. And If I don't have to I don't wanna take it back. Any help would be appreciated. 

Arc is a bit hard to decipher because of the effect color blend and speed. Can you set it to static white and see if all the LEDs are functional?  Any kind of color tint here tells you one of the R-G-B LEDs is out. 

If that checks out ok, can you specifically list your fan type and number?  I am assuming these are SP-Elite that come with the 4000X. Are you using the included Lighting Node Core or another Corsair RGB controller?  

I've moved that fan plugs around to check it. And all the fans light up fine in the ports 1 and 2. But the 3rd port just won't light up all the LED's . 

the numbers are "31-006459" and "M/N:RWF0051" which I think they are the SP120 but not sure if they're the pro or elite. And its plugged into the RGB lighting node that came with the case. 

OK, it seems like the SP-Elite and you are using them sequentially on the Lighting Node Core as you should.  It appears to be a problem with port #3 on the controller, but I would suggest connecting each fan into port 1 by itself and set to white so you can confirm each fan is OK.  Because the lighting is serial on that controller, the last dead LED on fan 2 can make it look like fan 3 is a problem.  The fans have issue more often than the controllers and when you contact Corsair Support they are likely to ask about this.  Might as well do it ahead of time to prevent an extra email exchange.  

It's either a new fan or Lighting Node Core, so go ahead and contact Corsair Support to get it started.  You can access it from the main Corsair website or the bottom of this page.