Corsair Community

New Commander XT and new issue with cpu fan.

Should just disable the CPU fan monitor in bios or plug the fan into the CPU header instead of the Commander XT. I can't boot at the moment but temps are normal just mobo not seeing the fan but I do have AIO plugged in the mobo header for AIO. As long as I leave the RGB plug in Commander XT RGB should be the same correct? By the way mobo is Asus TUF X570 Plus WiFi. Thanks for any help or advice!

If you read the directions on the Capellix coolers, you'll note that there is a 3-pin fan connector that you are instructed to connect to the CPU Fan header. If you do that, you shouldn't get the CPU fan warning any longer.

Otherwise, you can disable it ... but installing as instructed in the manual will provide a fail-safe mechanism in the event of a pump failure.

I don't have a Corsair AIO Cooler. I have a Thermaltake 120rgb and the commander XT fried the rgb. I had unplug my raidator fan from Commander XT and plug it back into mobo CPU fan header to get rid of the alert. I had my AIO plugged into the AIO header but still wouldn't boot. I just got tired of fighting it and I plugged my cpu fan back in the mobo header. Then I guess I screwed up cause my AIO has a 3pin rbg connector so I plugged it into the Commander XT RGB header to see if it would control the RGB but now they just flicker and flash dimmly on the AIO. Sucks I just got it! Also all of my ICue profiles are screwed also cause the Commander XT isn't working with imported profiles or existing ones. Which is a no go for me I was able to use two different kinds of fans and the profiles imported would work for both sets of 3 LL fans AND 3 8 LED fans with the node pro but not one single profile works completely with Commander XT. Am I doing something incorrectly or what? Thanks for your help and advice!

Edited by Mick Trickey

OK ... so which AIO do you have? Most AIOs are powered from SATA and don't require the "AIO Header" (which is a really stupid marketing gimmick on the part of motherboard manufacturers). So that AIO should be connected to the CPU Fan Header in most cases. As I don't know which AIO you have, exactly, I can't be more specific than that.

As for the RGB, there are adapters for that. But plugging them in directly most certainly will not work.

And imported profiles seem to get confused on the CoCores when there are different fan types on the controller.

Its a ThermalTake Water 3.0 120 ARGB cooler it has one 3pin for mobo, 3pin for ARGB and I have switched to all LL fans. But still no dice with any imported profiles at all! Ram and mouse are only RGB that works with profiles using Commander XT. I am on a tight budget and I really saved a longtime to get my setup done. And now I am fighting with only the lighting which cost alomst $250 for just the Commander XT and 6 LL fans! Yipes! Considering returning the XT and just using RGB hub cause it worked fine. Just wanted to have fan control and RGB in one program. Also I only have 5 fan headers on mobo so one fan is going to be piggy backed. Arrggghh! Any other help and advice would be great!