Corsair Community

HS70 pro constant static noise!

• Corsair Employee

Hi Trevor Cole,

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

See if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

same issue tried your fix.

I have seen another suggestion that your internet WIFI signal is causing the issue, I find that that may well be the case as I do not get this issue when further away from my modem(down the hall) but the problem is severe when right next to my modem. 

the suggestion is to limit the range of frequency your modem transmits, but that is not something I can do comfortably

• Corsair Employee

If you have the option to switch to a 5GHz band instead of the 2.5Ghz, that will help a ton as well. All our wireless devices (and additionally, anything Bluetooth by any manufacturer) runs on the 2.4Ghz band, which unfortunately can result in congestion issues such as this. 

On 1/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Corsair Blade said:

Hi Trevor Cole,

Please go to CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

See if that makes any difference. Hope this helps.

Hello, thank you for the response. Both of your suggestions I had not come across yet. 

Unfortunately, even after making sure the USB selective setting is DISABLED and switching all available devices to 5GHz the noise is still present. 

I am worried that there is a wire missing insulation or with a bad connection but do not want to open the headset and void warranty. 

Please let me know if there is something else I can try. I was tempted to upgrade to the HS80 but is it likely all of your wireless headsets have this problem?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...