Corsair Community

Retrofit lga 1700 + CW-9060031-WW

bumcello

Hello,

I have a 360 mm watercoolling 3 years old. I don't want buy another for switch to the z690 motherboard. What's i need? The retrofit? ELITE Series Retention Kit?  Because i don't see my ref in the list of compatibility....It's strange since not so old.

For exemple i have a nzxt watercoolling who have 8 years and they have one compatible and free... 

Thx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same cooler and using it with my 12700k on Asus Maximus Z690 Hero. 1 week passed, no problem so far, temps are very good. 

Intel backplate which comes with cooler, is LGA1366 compatible (80x80mm spacing) and it has sliding mechanism at corners. Even my mobo comes with both LGA 1200 and LGA 1700 holes, I adjusted the intel backplate proper to 1700 spacing.

LGA 1366/115x standoff height of cooler is around 21 mm and seems shorter than Corsair LGA1700 retrofit kit. I also checked other brands Asetek based LGA1700 bracket kits and its standoff are 28,1 mm (according to MSI datasheet). So without buying any kit, i used them. 

Thermal paste that i used is CM Mastergel Maker Nano. It is a bit thick. At my mounting test with a pea size paste on middle, coverage was very good and mounting was solid. 

You may give a try.  

• Corsair Employee
On 12/28/2021 at 3:28 AM, bumcello said:

Hello,

I have a 360 mm watercoolling 3 years old. I don't want buy another for switch to the z690 motherboard. What's i need? The retrofit? ELITE Series Retention Kit?  Because i don't see my ref in the list of compatibility....It's strange since not so old.

For exemple i have a nzxt watercoolling who have 8 years and they have one compatible and free... 

Thx in advance.

The H150i Pro, and other PRO Series Cooler (excl. XT Variants), have a different design and are not compatible with the LGA1700 retrofit kits.  The standoff height is different, and installing them with your existing cooler will not provide the proper seating pressure, and could potentially damage your processor.  We currently do not have a kit available for your specific model which has been discontinued now for a couple years.