Corsair Community

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum - Keyboard Keys broken

Hey everyone,

I would like to report a possibly widespread production error or product failure with the K95 keyboard.

The holder for the plug-in system of the keyboard seem to wear out quickly on the keys. The result is that some keys fall out much easier, or my left CTRL key is no longer on the cross.

I've attached a photo where you can see the issue that looks like this on a keycap.

By the way, I found some dealers via E-Bay who offer these keys. But at utopian prices (7 € - here in Europe - per key!).

I would be interested to know whether this is a guarantee case. I bought the keyboard from Amazon last year (invoice available)

I would appreciate an answer.

With best regards from Germany and happy holidays!

MilkySign ;)

a8ac6739-cc4e-4cd8-b9a4-ffc851f834f3.jpg

b220e78b-c19f-41b6-83ec-aed869815b89.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi! i have the same issue. And its happened to both my ctrl keys. the first time i simply replaced the LT ctrl key with the RT ctrl key since i didnt have time to order or what not. now both are broken 😞 quite disappointed about this. Where can i order ctrl keys pls. 

Thank you!

Derek

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue, also with my K95
I already ordered 2 ctrl keys directly from Corsairs support page and also had to pay the shipping.

Are you  (Corsair) sure, this is not a production issue?
I have never experienced a keyboard issue like this on any of the other keyboards I have used.

If it is a production fault, shouldn't we be allowed to get a new version where the keycaps dont break all the time?

This is not a cheap keyboard, so as a consumer we should be able to expect some kind of rectification for this issue?