Corsair Community

Corsair RM850x PSU and Premium Cables?

FrankieLuke

Solongtime corsair PSU & Memory user. Purchased the title mentioned PSU. Haven't opened box yet. That's in a few days.
Anyway, was reading about Corsair Premium PSU Cable sets. Honestly, everywhere I looked the reviews are just NOT so good. 
I have never used anything but the cables that came with the PPSU's.
Any opinions on this?

Thanks Folks

Frank

weird reviews.. well those who got duds will always complain online obviously. people buying cables in perfect order will not 🙂

At least you know they are the proper wire gauge inside. With third party, unless going with a reputable brand, you are never sure what you get.

When you'll open the box and start cabling, you'll probably want to kill yourself, bending the 24 pins cable and dealing with the eyesore that are PCIE pigtail cables anyway. I wouldn't hesitate in replacing these

7 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

weird reviews.. well those who got duds will always complain online obviously. people buying cables in perfect order will not 🙂

At least you know they are the proper wire gauge inside. With third party, unless going with a reputable brand, you are never sure what you get.

When you'll open the box and start cabling, you'll probably want to kill yourself, bending the 24 pins cable and dealing with the eyesore that are PCIE pigtail cables anyway. I wouldn't hesitate in replacing these

Which would you buy? The weirdness I refer to is mainly about things like "the 24 pin cable is NOT long enough. Stuff like that.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, FrankieLuke said:

Which would you buy? The weirdness I refer to is mainly about things like "the 24 pin cable is NOT long enough. Stuff like that.

It might depend on the case you use. I have a RM850x PSU in a 5000D Airflow case and the premium PSU cable set and the 24 pin cable is long enough.

i use a cableod kit, but as far as i know, it's roughly the same size as the corsair sleeved cables. plenty of slack to play with, even on a big-ish case like the O11XL.

Even on a supertower like the Corsair 1000D, the PSU is roughly at the same distance from the mobo connector.