Corsair Community

CORSAIR 465X + KIT 3xLL120

coxa

Good evening everyone, I tried to build my icue 465x case + 1 kit with 3 LL120 fans (which comes with RGB HUB + NODE PRO).

Well, I organized the cables, fitted everything in the right place and when connecting the FANS I ran into a problem:

I don't have enough space for 4-pin PWM connectors on my motherboard (AORUS B450M). I connected the CPU cooler and 2 more FANS, and 4 (out of a total of 6xLL120) were disconnected.

Only with the commander pro to solve this? Is too expensive! Can I buy another adapter to solve this power issue? Ex the image below.

Or what would be the 100% correct solution?

D_NQ_NP_2X_601665-MLB46903889612_072021-F.webp

Captura de tela 2021-11-28 201249.png

A powered repeater is what you are looking for...

image.png.c79316cd93d6746b7dfe0d5118d12e8f.png

Many different versions out there, the important thing is to look for one that is powered (SATA) and not just a splitter.

This will allow you to still control the fan speed. If you just connected them all to a power outlet you would not get the fan speed control.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, Mark_T said:

A powered repeater is what you are looking for...

image.png.c79316cd93d6746b7dfe0d5118d12e8f.png

Many different versions out there, the important thing is to look for one that is powered (SATA) and not just a splitter.

This will allow you to still control the fan speed. If you just connected them all to a power outlet you would not get the fan speed control.

I bought it with the sata connector but they sent it to me with molex. is there any problem?

20211130_190340.jpg

No, that should work too. SATA or molex it stills gets power from the PSU directly without overloading a motherboard header. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coxa said:

I bought it with the sata connector but they sent it to me with molex. is there any problem?

No problem, other than it being irritating as it is probably the only thing in your build using molex.

You can get an adapter to convert from molex to SATA if it bothers you but there is no problem using it as it is.

• Like 1