Corsair Community

iCUE ML120 RGB ELITE Premium Fans

Mudammir

Hi all,

I just bought the CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD. The issue is I can't find their ML120 rgb Elite fans anywhere.

When are they expected to be released? I would like to complete my build but having unmatched fans will be irritating to say the least...

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mudammir

Good question.  I have not seen them yet in the US retail market yet.  There are some unique frame stylings to them.  However, if you are pressed for time or not that keen on the frame, the SP-Elite are an LED match and pass for physically identical in most installations.  SP-Pro are also an 8 LED fan and lighting match, but I do not suggest them as the PWM only Commander Core controller cannot manage the DC motors on the SP-Pro.

11 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Good question.  I have not seen them yet in the US retail market yet.  There are some unique frame stylings to them.  However, if you are pressed for time or not that keen on the frame, the SP-Elite are an LED match and pass for physically identical in most installations.  SP-Pro are also an 8 LED fan and lighting match, but I do not suggest them as the PWM only Commander Core controller cannot manage the DC motors on the SP-Pro.

Thank you for your great response! If it is the case of waiting a week that will be fine, but if I need to wait longer that will be a little difficult. Some UK websites have pre-orders with 3rd December as a release date, do you know if that is correct?

Also can I plug the SP-Elite fans to the same commander core that comes with the H150i or would I need to get it's own lightning node core? (I heard that mismatching fans on them might cause issues).

As far as CUE goes, only the LED count matters.  So you can connect a mix of 8 LED SP-Elite and 8 LED ML-Elite in any order and it will always come out the same.  Also, both of those fans are a RGB lighting match.  There are some subtle differences between LL, QL, and ML/SP because of materials and design, but those two were meant to be identical and interchangeable.  They all go on the Commander Core - no issue.

The UK stores seem to be on the leading edge for listings and those are the only places I have seen them.  No idea if that release date is true.  

• Like 1