Corsair Community

SSD brand/model used in Corsair One A200?

vett93

6 hours ago, Corsair Caliente said:

We're not at liberty to specify unfortunately.  The main reason is that this component may be subject to change based on availability from our partners.  Only thing we can guarantee is that it's a PCIe v4.0 M.2 SSD.

I think you can bring more confidence to your products if you can honestly show potential customers what key components are included. You have no problems with stating the exact CPU used in the product. SSD is also a key component of a PC. Why would you want to hide it? If your CPU partner decides to change the CPU model, do you plan to sweep it under the rug too?

• Corsair Employee
17 hours ago, vett93 said:

I think you can bring more confidence to your products if you can honestly show potential customers what key components are included. You have no problems with stating the exact CPU used in the product. SSD is also a key component of a PC. Why would you want to hide it? If your CPU partner decides to change the CPU model, do you plan to sweep it under the rug too?

CPUs would be a lot harder to replace.  Generally speaking, if a certain CPU is no longer available it would require a whole new SKU altogether.  For components such as SSDs, PSUs, motherboards, GPU, etc. it's a lot easier to replace those components with alternative options and maintain the similar if not the same performance.  We'd never deviate from what's listed on the Tech Specs as again, that'd require another SKU.

I do see what you're saying and your concern is valid.  If in the future we can secure components for our systems that stay static throughout that product's lifespan then we may be able to provide more information.