Corsair Community

Icue 3.38.61 QL fan flickering

nezff

I have 9 QL fans.  3 on one led hub (rad) and 6 on the other led hub (wall and bottom) all plugged into a commander pro.  Never had a issue before until last night.  I noticed a profile from Alex K was acting weird just on fans 2 through 6.  The profile is pastel and has gradients which are super smooth.  After gaming just for a bit, the fans started to flicker, not completely off, but just quick bursts of flicker.  Ill attach a video.  

My setup is Corsair 1000rmx PSU brand new.  i7 11700k, corsair 32mb 3200mhz ram, asus rog strix gaming wifi mobo, corsair H150i pro xt cooler. 

Just installed a EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra.  I was gaming on a 2080 super ftw3 ultra, never experienced this before and used all his profiles including this one.  All hardware is brand new. I actually went as far as putting the commander pro on its own sata cable and the two led hubs on their own sata cable.  The  cooler is on a sata cable along with two samsung SSDs.  

Im wondering if heat? Or power is playing a part in this?  My next assumption is that one of the fans in the chain is going bad which doesnt supprise me.  Ive had to replace TWO QL fans in a weeks span on my sons pc from stuck leds.  After replacing them, the leds worked fine and the one fan that had a pink spot was fixed.

I have created a gradient profile just on those fans with red, blue, green, and yellow.  3 sec, 5 sec, and 10 sec.  Not exhibiting the behavior.  Also when I switch everything to one color, its fine also.  Other profiles might not be exhibiting this because I cant see it, because the flickering is rain in other profiles or it is supposed to flicker so to speak.   

1255857140_Screenshot2021-09-05093504.thumb.png.f0632c92305c1888c532b184ba432e5b.png

maybe fixed?

I took a new QL fan I had and replaced the #2 fan which was the one directly below the only fan that wasnt flickering.  I played DOOM eternal last night and most of the day getting temps and power up.  No flicker.

It it was the fan, this will be the 4th QL fan that has either been faulty, or a stuck or not working LED.  replaced Two ql fans for stuck leds in my sons pc.  They are all of 1-2 months old.  

Pretty fans, but terrible quality led manuf.  I had 9 LL fans for years, not a single issue.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

O wait. No way. Not another? This is now 5 ql fans that have had pink spots in them. Three just in my sons pc. Considering that how much these are your quality control is seriously lacking. This has gotten ridiculous. Its also pretty bad you want me to take the fans out, ship them back and wait that long to receive more from Taiwan? SMH Who can be without a pc for weeks? 

Your customer service is usually great, but not with high dollar failing fans. Terrible IMHO. 20211027_154443.thumb.jpg.fb54aff2ae42b9c48930c32e2d759204.jpg20211027_154455.thumb.jpg.7fd999c8e65b195b26ff37a8fc487d82.jpg

20211027_154455.jpg

Edited by nezff

On 9/24/2021 at 11:53 AM, Corsair Albert said:

Hi nezff,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue with your QL fans. If you haven't already, please open a ticket with our support here - they will happily assist you in getting replacement fans.

The only assistance is send in all my fans and wait for more from Taiwan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing heard from corsair.