Corsair Community

Nightmare experience with RGB lighting. Requesting help

Bomberini

This is long and complicated so bear with me.   I have a full RGB Corsair build. I have an iCUE H150i Elite Capellix. I use 2 of the fans from it and the others are 4x LL120s. I also have a lighting node pro that connects my Corsair LED light strips, a commander core currently runs the AiO and the 6 fans.  I’ve had the LL120s for around 2 years, I have gone through two RGB hubs and now a Commander Core. The lights work brilliantly, for a variable amount of time, then start to fail randomly, one m-by-one. I’ve gone through 2 RGB hubs, and now the commander pro seems to be failing. The 2 fans from the AiO work, the rest will not come on at all 90% of the time. Here and there a a random of the 4 will partially light up with ridiculous and random colors.

just recently bought my THIRD rgb hub. Only port one will light up a fan, and each fan has a totally different set of lights working. I purchased another LL120, it will work in the new RGB hub (but not the commander core) and only on slot 1.  HOWEVER, if I have the brand new fan in port 1, one other fan, still with varying amounts of lights, will work on port 3.   I am honestly at my wits end.

I have had this issue through 3 motherboards, 2 processors and 2 power supplies.  I have tried with icue (fully updated), even reinstalling, and with no software whatsoever. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here?   I should also mention my LED light strips and AiO lighting has never had any issues whatsoever.  I’ve included pictures with different plug in configurations.   I am very convinced this is not software related

168CA97D-78A6-449D-8876-8358248A7E66.jpeg

B6197EE0-4488-4D60-BF13-FE01A6495D94.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Same kind of issue here, all started about 6 months ago, had some strange LED behaviour, a few would get stuck on the previous profile colour. I lost fan 6 completely then recently updated icue and now 5, 4 and 3. I don't have a solution but I spent a day pulling it all out and laying it out on the bench. I have 4 nodes and 3 lighting hubs with 8 LL120's. I started with one node and added each hub on both channels one at a time, tried all combinations of the 8 fans, i even connected two hubs to each node, one on each channel and had some success - I got four fans to work temporarily. I now have fan 1 half working and the rest are dark. Same issue in hardware mode too. How likely is it that I have eight dead fans and 2 have never been used.

Forgot to mention I have the LED strips working fine from all the channels

Edited by pixel.p.pusher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

This is long and complicated so bear with me.   I have a full RGB Corsair build. I have an iCUE H150i Elite Capellix. I use 2 of the fans from it and the others are 4x LL120s. I also have a lighting node pro that connects my Corsair LED light strips, a commander core currently runs the AiO and the 6 fans.  I’ve had the LL120s for around 2 years, I have gone through two RGB hubs and now a Commander Core. The lights work brilliantly, for a variable amount of time, then start to fail randomly, one m-by-one. I’ve gone through 2 RGB hubs, and now the commander pro seems to be failing. The 2 fans from the AiO work, the rest will not come on at all 90% of the time. Here and there a a random of the 4 will partially light up with ridiculous and random colors.

just recently bought my THIRD rgb hub. Only port one will light up a fan, and each fan has a totally different set of lights working. I purchased another LL120, it will work in the new RGB hub (but not the commander core) and only on slot 1.  HOWEVER, if I have the brand new fan in port 1, one other fan, still with varying amounts of lights, will work on port 3.   I am honestly at my wits end.

I have had this issue through 3 motherboards, 2 processors and 2 power supplies.  I have tried with icue (fully updated), even reinstalling, and with no software whatsoever. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here?   I should also mention my LED light strips and AiO lighting has never had any issues whatsoever.  I’ve included pictures with different plug in configurations.   I am very convinced this is not software related

168CA97D-78A6-449D-8876-8358248A7E66.jpeg

B6197EE0-4488-4D60-BF13-FE01A6495D94.jpeg

Hey there, sorry to hear you are having trouble. When using an RGB Hub, you must not skip ports, so if you plug 1 fan into port 2, it won't light up until you place another in Port 1. Its also not suggested that you mix fans of different series on a single Commander/RGB Hub as they have different number, and sometimes different types of LED, and can cause issues.

It is very likely that one of your LL120 is defective, and it being connected can cause issues like you are seeing in fans after it in the series. Try connecting your fans one at a time in slot 1. See if any have issues, if they do, place it aside. Now leave a good working fan in Slot 1, and repeat this step with the next fans in Slot 2. Any that have an issue place aside, and repeat in Slot 3.

I have created a ticket for you from this post. Once we receive the results of the above testing we can look into the issue further.